Notary Rotary
Dennis watch
Notary Discussion History

Dennis watch
Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 11/2/04 7:00am
Msg #10749

Dennis watch

Would some of you who are friends of Dennis Broadbooks please give him a call tonight to make sure he is okay? I am concerned about the prospect of a cardiact arrest when the election results begin coming in. I would call him myself, but I'm afraid that would just aggravate his inevitable heart problem.

On another topic, some participants in this forum apparently have not yet learned to spell the name of the Democratic nominee. For their benefit, it is spelled P-R-E-S-I-D-E-N-T.

Reply by Darlene Olson on 11/2/04 8:08am
Msg #10753

I am not a friend or foe of Dennis Broadbooks nor you, but I find it appalling that you deliberately go out of your way to atagonize Dennis or his friends in this manner.

This post has no contributory value or relationship to a notary public / signing agent forum and should have not been posted.

Reply by HisHughness on 11/2/04 1:25pm
Msg #10770

Did you have your sense of humor surgically removed, Darlene, or is its absence congenital? You need to lighten up and take time to smell the laughing gas.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 11/2/04 8:16am
Msg #10754

WRONG, its B-U-S-H

Reply by Pa R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N on 11/2/04 8:27am
Msg #10755

Your right, Lawrence B-U-S-H is the man! Not only is his name easier to spell, but he is also easier to believe!

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 11/2/04 8:36am
Msg #10756

I've Only ONE Reply to Your Comments...

...and that's to say the condition of my health (both physically AND spiritually) is NOT tied to political outcomes. I have complete faith in my Lord & Savior that no matter who's the winner of today's election, Jesus will remain in control. He'll still be my guide (and the primary reason I vote the way I do) even if John Kerry is President. I hope you can say the same if President Bush retains the confidence of the American people after the day is done.

Reply by Jax on 11/2/04 9:16am
Msg #10757

Re: I've Only ONE Reply to Your Comments...

Dennis,

I totally agree with you. It is not about who is elected today. It is about what will happen tomorrow after all of the votes are in. Jesus is in control today and will be tomorrow and forever!!

Reply by l on 11/2/04 9:17am
Msg #10758

Well said, don't you think your political views should be kept to yourself ? This forum is for notary purposes. Keep it to yourself or off of this site.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/2/04 11:35am
Msg #10762

Oh my, religion and politics all in one thread. Anyone care to throw homosexuality or abortion into the mix?

Reply by pa republican on 11/2/04 11:45am
Msg #10764

no, i'm not touching that one, but the idea of having theresa heinz kerry as
first lady could be quite an amusing thread!

Reply by clewis on 11/2/04 12:03pm
Msg #10765

I guest you would perfer a Tresa Kerry is a better woman for the job compared to Laura Bush!!

Reply by pa republican on 11/2/04 12:33pm
Msg #10766

what????

Reply by HisHughness on 11/2/04 1:16pm
Msg #10768

CaliNotary notes:

***Oh my, religion and politics all in one thread. Anyone care to throw homosexuality or abortion into the mix?

Hear the one about the gay doctor who would only abort Republican mothers?

Reply by nah_AR on 11/2/04 1:26pm
Msg #10771

Hugh... your posts are so enlightning. Thanks for the laugh.

Reply by HisHughness on 11/2/04 1:23pm
Msg #10769

Dennis, I'm willing to bet two Adlai Stevenson buttons against one of your Gerald Ford WIN buttons that you >>>will<<< have more than one reply to my comments. As an agnostic, I'd have to say that if Bush is reelected, that certainly would be telling evidence there is no God.

Keep your nitroglycerin pills handy tonight. I don't want to lose you.

Reply by Evidence on 11/2/04 2:05pm
Msg #10777

hugh, sorry to butt in on a rebuttal due from dennis....but, i now see why you pick on him so much......you have a problem w/people who believe in God. it takes courage to believe & trust in Him. believing in nothing takes no courage.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/2/04 2:32pm
Msg #10780

Or, maybe his picking on Dennis has nothing to do with religion. Some of us don't believe in god, but respect the fact that others do. Too bad your god didn't teach you to have the same respect for us atheists. Not very Christian of you at all.

Reply by Evidence on 11/2/04 3:36pm
Msg #10788

whoaaaa...i didn't mean to hit the juggler!....your right, maybe hugh picking on dennis has nothing to do w/ religion...could that be, hugh? my sincere apologies to both of you if i have offended you. btw, my name is sharon & no deliberate attempt was made to not identify myself. Evidence is just the fact that I exist...names on the boards are all evidences that each of us are individuals, but as to specific names...unless you post on these boards regularly, ...sharon, karen, tom or bill...really don't mean much to any of us.... imho

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/3/04 5:48pm
Msg #10839

It wasn't the religious views that irritated me, it was the holier-than-thou tone of what you wrote. I think it's great if people get something out of their religious beliefs, but not all of us need to believe in Christianity to have a fulfilling life.

Reply by HisHughness on 11/2/04 2:36pm
Msg #10781

Evidence, who did not himself/herself have the courage to post under an identifiable name, pontificated about my alleged lack of courage:

***you have a problem w/people who believe in God. it takes courage to believe & trust in Him. believing in nothing takes no courage.***

Au contraire, good buddy. What takes guts is to identify yourself as a non-believer. Watch the reaction on this board, your reaction included, to my acknowledgement that I am an agnostic. If typical, the sentiment will run heavily against anyone who has the temerity to vouchsafe such a philosophy.

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 11/2/04 3:04pm
Msg #10785

Did you hear the one about?

The man who was an insomniac, an agnostic and dyslectic,...
He stayed up all night wondering if there was really a Dog
Lighten up guys.
As we say in Chicago, "vote early and often"
Hugh does not wish Dennis any illness, only a minor, temporary disablility that would prevent Dennis from voting today, in the hope that Big MO. is Big BLUE.
It seems that the "BIG GUY " has expressed his/her preference re Texas vs. Massachusettes, The Astros are toast and Boston had a parade.
Improve the environment, re-plant a Bush in Texas.

Reply by Evidence on 11/3/04 8:06pm
Msg #10845

did Bush winning, convince you???

Reply by Anonymous on 11/2/04 4:16pm
Msg #10791

It is not that it is TRAITOR, remember he was in Vietnam.

Reply by Janel Nichols on 11/4/04 8:57am
Msg #10863

I just have a small comment, though possibly long winded. I know I am a bit late but I was working.

Regarding the religious vs. political statements which I find incredible!! Since when did moral decisions and political decisions mix? I find it incredible that we as voters would possibly settle for candidates that do nothing but tell you what you want to hear when it is election time, yet we hold no accountability to them any other time. They bombard us with political ads that contain half truths and in some cases bold faced fear and lies. This is Godly in Bush's eyes? This is how you win the vote by deception? Come on. Bush needs to have more faith than that! He is doing his own will, not Gods. Since when in history has any of them been able to keep their promises and what does that have to do with God? We don't expect them to keep their promises! God did give us free will....didn't he???Politicians have however been consistent liars. I will give them that. Bush is no exception. If Bush had real faith in God he would stand up against the so called "game" of politics and do it right! What kind of God would our father in heaven be if all he did all day was wave his magic wand and fix all our problems for us? Where is the accountability in that? Do we raise our own children that way??? How would we learn from our mistakes? No faith is a proactive endeavor...you have to give a bit of a hand by being active in change and keep it consistant. This magnificent planet that we have been given...this day and age and we still are fighting over which candidate is the least of liars and the least likely to screw up the country more??? Rather than expect integrity and accountabilty is mind boggling. The problems this country has is self created, not left unattended by God. We have free will, once we decide to put the greater good above our own temporal wants and desires, then things will change. How do you expect your president to consider your plight, when we don't? We have the...."As long as its not me!" attitude. How can we hold our president to higher standards? I guess that is the "Do what we say....but not as we do" thing? Just as long as what the president does benefits ME I don't care about anyone ELSE!!! Right? As far as I can see that has not worked too well so far.

Reply by HisHughness on 11/4/04 10:05am
Msg #10867

This is going to be my last post on the religion/politics topic. I enjoy this kind of diversion from signing agent discussions occasionally, but we certainly shouldn't obsess about it.

Janel, thanks for your posting on the politician/integrity dichotomy. You expressed better than I ever could my feelings about injecting God into politics. I don't have a problem injecting ethics -- the relationship of you to others -- into politics and, in fact, think that our political processes and our politicians could use a lot more of it. I do have a major problem injecting morals -- your code of conduct that guides your behavior -- into politics.

I'm ready to go back to work.

Reply by Janel Nichols on 11/4/04 1:13pm
Msg #10880

I totally, totally agree. I was refering more to ethics. As always...well said Hugh!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.