Notary Rotary
Does DHL suck or is it just me and other complaints
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Nicole_NCali on 11/29/04 11:01am
Msg #12190

I had a Thanksgiving signing of re-fi docs, I dropped my packet off at a DHL drop off and it stated no holiday or weekend pick-up. I put the packet in the slot anyway, thinking they will pick-up on Friday, guess what..nope..I went into the bank that this box is by and one of the workers says, oh..I rarely see a pick up by DHL.. The signing was relatively easy, but it appears that the loan officers/assistants do not explain the rider clauses on a variable rate mortgage to their customers very well. The borrower had very valid questions and I directed her to her hud 1 and her California Disclosure of credit score for her rate, but it seemed as if the basics were missing. Is this common or was it just the borrower?

Reply by Butterfly on 11/29/04 8:17pm
Msg #12241

UPS was the same. Most delivery companies like these will only pick up from either store or their barns.

I have only had the best of luck with DHL, FED EX, & UPS. The guys for DHL are softer on the eyes.

I get all kinds with adj. rate loans. Some disclose, disclose, disclose. Then I have the scum of the earth.....

Reply by Harry [NR] on 11/29/04 8:17pm
Msg #12242

We stopped using DHL after experiencing numerous problems (over and over again):

- damaged boxes
- lost shipments
- delayed shipments

Every time we would give them another chance, they would blow another shipment. It's back to UPS and FedEx...

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 11/29/04 8:32pm
Msg #12245

I rate UPS at the bottom of the three. I always get damaged boxes, torn envelopes and broken stuff from them. Never a problem with Airborne/DHL, but they're not too big here. FedEx is by far, the number one servicer here. They may be a bit more expensive, but I've never had any problems with them... no damaged goods, no damaged containers, and the billing errors have been rectified in short order. Also, they arrive earlier in the day than UPS and pick up later in the afternoon than UPS. (DHL we have to call.)

Reply by Glena/NV on 11/30/04 9:58am
Msg #12296

I've had problems with both UPS and DHL. UPS, two times they screwed up the pickup of my documents...apparently, the pickup guy took all the ground packages and left the air packages. Last Friday, they did not pickup and since there is no Saturday pickup, two of my packages did not get delivered on time. They also did not indicate that they were not picking up on Friday. As far as DHL goes, they lost my package and it went back to Los Angeles and back again...three days after the signing, it arrived.

FedEX is the best fro me...never a problem!

Reply by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 12/1/04 7:29pm
Msg #12487

I no longer use UPS... I once shipped with UPS via the UPS Store/MBE... I was not given disclosure of the fees and for what I was paying... I disputed the charges and they say that they did disclose... but that is neither here nor there...

UPS has a reputation with me, and others, for damaging boxes, late deliveries, late/missed pickups, etc...

I have a null opinion of DHL/Airborne... They have the earliest deadlines of any of the companies here in San Antonio... the cutoff is 6pm.

UPS cuts off pick up at 6 pm, unless you request a pick up at your home...

My FedEx deadline is 9 pm, 7 pm for a box pickup...

So, to answer your question... if DHL is a Dirt Devil, then UPS must be a Eureka or a Hoover... :-)

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/1/04 8:16pm
Msg #12494

LSO.com - Tx/Ok

I have become rather partial to Loan Star Overnight's low priced ground delivery which is by the end of the next day for $4 - $9. You use your own envelope, however.

Overnight prices are around $10-$14 (LSO is only available in Texas & Oklahoma, I believe.) O/n deliveries get here by 7:40 am, usually. Last pick up is 7 pm.

In one affidavit type work, this is works well for me. They don't serve all towns, but they do serve the ones I need them to.

www.lso.com

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.