Notary Rotary
EDocs Letter vs Legal size
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Doran_CA on 11/29/04 4:23pm
Msg #12214

I've recently started doing signings and have received some docs by FedEx and some by EDocs. I just printed out the EDocs with letter sized paper and all seemed fine. Upon completion apparently a couple docs were cut short and needed to be on legal size paper.
When opening EDocs is there a way to determine which size paper I'll need to use in the printer? Will all EDocs be one size or the other? I did have one package that was FedEx'd that had half in letter size and half in legal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply by Derrick/MT on 11/29/04 4:54pm
Msg #12217

When in doubt and you only have one tray for your printer, print the docs on legal. I have not had any problems yet.

Reply by Julie-MI on 11/29/04 6:15pm
Msg #12230

Just use all legal. Never had a problem in 4 years.

Never use the shrink to fit option for letter size. You will reduce the font size, which may cause trouble down the line.

Reply by Eliz/CA on 11/29/04 11:50pm
Msg #12274

With my printer, HP3380, I have to change the paper size mode from letter to legal when I print on legal paper. Otherwise, printing defaults to letter size and cuts off printing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.