E-Docs info
Notary Discussion History

E-Docs info
Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/25/04 11:04am
Msg #12011

E-Docs info

Hello there

I need some feed back on how to deal with e-docs since I just entered this profession. I got my first e-doc assignment yesterday @9:00 PM. Got that signed by the borrower by 10:45 PM. I talked to the Signing company who sent me the assignment if I could fax these papers in the morning and they said yes. But the confirmation I got from them says that the docs should be returned the same day. Now I have 2 questions:

1. Did I do wrong by asking them to send the papers in the morning?
2. How do you send back these e-docs? Fax them? Scan them and send in email or send an overnight package?

I would greatly appreciate a quick response on this.

Thanks

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/25/04 11:32am
Msg #12017

**2. How do you send back these e-docs? Fax them? Scan them and send in email or send an overnight package?**

In the instructions you are advised as to which docs need faxed and who to fax them to. -- sometimes you aren't required to fax any of them. At just depens on the SS and/or title or loan company. In the instructions, you are alos supplied a FedEx or UPS account number for returning all the docs. There are also instructions as to how to advise the tracking number -- sometimes that is faxed, sometimes e-mailed and sometimes you call it in.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 11/25/04 11:40am
Msg #12018

Answers to Your Questions...

...before you get ripped to shreds by a few of the "veterans" on this message board.

#1. I'm not quite sure you have a grasp on what the Signing Company is asking you to do. Normally you are NOT required to send the ENTIRE package (assuming from your comments that's what you did) via fax. Usually there's only a few select documents they want faxed back for their review & then some companies want you to hold on to the package until they give you an OK to send the package back...which leads to your next question...

#2. The lender requires the ORIGINAL signed documents to be sent back to them. There's only ONE WAY to fulfill that requirement & that's to use an overnight service. The Signing Company should have provided you with a FedEx, UPS, DHL, or Airborne Express account # to send the package back to a location specified by them as well.

It would appear from your comments & questions you have a lot to learn. My suggestion would be to find someone to mentor you in this profession. Any errors you may make in this industry can cost the borrowers a lot of money & could come back to bite you.

BTW, one of my cardinal rules is to never respond to anonymous posters. I'm making an exception in this case due to the fact you've unwittingingly placed your life on the line with this posting. Coming out of the closet & using your real name will bring further responses from me in the future...if you care to receive my comments that is!

Reply by Aatika Khattak on 11/25/04 11:57am
Msg #12021

Re: Answers to Your Questions...

Thanks All especially Dennis for your feedback. Reason I posted myself as annonymous is b/c this is my first time on this kind of a forum to ask question so that if I sound dense at least nobody knows who it is Smiley Anyways. I liked the way you answered my questions so could I ask you to become my mentor?

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 11/25/04 12:19pm
Msg #12027

Aatika...

...you're to be commended for the honesty & forthrightness you're displaying. E-mail me at [e-mail address]. I'll be glad to continue this discussion off board & out of prying eyes.

Reply by HisHughness on 11/25/04 6:40pm
Msg #12043

Aatika Khattak gushes:

*** Anyways. I liked the way you answered my questions so could I ask you to become my mentor? ***

Dennis would make a fine mentor, AK. Just be sure to have your "All the way with JFK" button handy, and if the discussion ever turns political, begin waving it around as if it were a cross and you were warding off a vampire.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 11/25/04 6:58pm
Msg #12044

It Depends on Which JFK You're Referring to...

The "original" JFK wouldn't even recognize his party anymore. Enough of politics! It's over & done with...until 2008.

BTW, Hugh, I haven't said anything to this point but I'm sorry to hear of your marital difficulties. I pray there can be a reconciliation between the two of you.

Reply by HisHughness on 11/25/04 10:37pm
Msg #12058

Re: It Depends on Which JFK You're Referring to...

Dennis commiserates:

***BTW, Hugh, I haven't said anything to this point but I'm sorry to hear of your marital difficulties. I pray there can be a reconciliation between the two of you.***

The chances of my lovely and talented soon-to-be ex-wife reconciling are roughly the same as the Red Sox winning the World Series. If either happens, they'll be selling snowboots in hell. If both happen, keep your eyes glued to the East for a very bright star.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 11/26/04 4:48am
Msg #12066

Since the Red Sox DID Win the World Series This Year...

...(by sweeping my beloved Cardinals I might add!) then indeed there should be hope amongst the Nations. Miracles DO happen, but they never occur by themselves. You're pointed in the right direction by looking to the East, Hugh!

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/25/04 8:25pm
Msg #12045

Aatika,

No disrespect to Dennis, but you might also want to find another mentor who lives close by. That way you might be able to accompany him or her on a signing or two to see what happens, what the signing agent says, etc. You might indicate where you live (city and state); that would help for starters. It is my understanding that the signingregistry site has a mentor program, but I really don't know much about it.

Also I believe the 50statenotary site has a training class, which I think is free. Haven't taken it myself (took a day long seminar a number of months ago). Best wishes

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 11/25/04 8:30pm
Msg #12047

No Disrespect Taken, Ted...

...as I advised him to do just that in our private e-mail conversation. He needs someone who knows the Notary laws of his state plus the ins & outs of being a signing agent. I referred him to the Signing Registry for training & mentoring.

Reply by Aatika Khattak on 11/26/04 4:00pm
Msg #12075

Re: No Disrespect Taken, Ted...

Thanks all for the good advices. Actually I do have a mentor...my aunt. Unfortunately she's out of town for the Thanksgiving and she does not have a cell ph. Thats why I needed some help out here. Well I learned alot form this experience and I'm sure there's alot to learn too. I'll definitely try to register myself @ the website Dennis mentioned. For now I think I did my assignment in its entirety b/c the signing company sounded OK.

Thanks again. I really appreciate all your help!

AK

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/26/04 9:29pm
Msg #12077

Dennis,

I must say I didn't really think you would find my comments "disrespectful". It is just that several weeks ago I got absolutely crucified for making what I perceived then (and also now) as a constructive suggestion. So I tread very lightly, with extreme caution.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/27/04 2:16am
Msg #12085

Welcome to the club Ted. It gets much easier by the 3rd or 4th crucifixion.

One thing I've learned from this group is that you can't please everybody. No matter how politely and carefully you might word things, there's always somebody out there who might take it the wrong way, or take things out of context, or ignore half of your comments or something. So I don't even worry about it. If a businessperson cannot handle a blunt or constructive reply without getting personally offended, they've got bigger problems than whatever the topic of conversation happens to be.

I do have to say though, I'm still amazed at how many people view being blunt and being rude as synonymous things.

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/27/04 7:52am
Msg #12087

Calinotary,

Actually come to think about it, I guess it was on gomobilenotary.com (that I got crucified). Well, I suppose it just of well could have happened here. Well, I am not losing any sleep about it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.