Notary Rotary
E-docs: How much should we charge?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Avis Davis on 11/14/04 1:02pm
Msg #11296

How much should I charge for E-docs? Also, in our profile it only allows certain numbers, what if I want to put in another number? How would I do that?

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/14/04 5:19pm
Msg #11310

Have you read all past messages? There are numerous threads on e-docs. Also, do a search.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/15/04 2:31am
Msg #11329

I second what Carolyn said. We're glad to help new notaries in here, but you need to take the initiative to help yourself as well. Most of the questions you've asked have been addressed in this forum numerous times, if you read all the older messages in here you're bound to get most of the answers you need, along with a ton of info you didn't even know you needed.

If you still have questions after that, fire away. But if it's obvious from your questions that you haven't bothered to look at the older messages, don't be surprised if you don't get much help from the group.

Reply by Avis Davis on 11/15/04 4:15pm
Msg #11360

I read through and it seems that everyone goes all over a direct answer. It seems the question has been asked several times but never a direct answer given. I've looked at what the national notary says and it's $85 which isn't an option on this site. I've been told that notaries wont consider a job under $150. I'm going to look at few of our files here in my office to see what the fees are. I thought since this was a forum that we could be straight forward with each other. As a realtor, I know how cut throat business can be but the company and area I service isn't like that most of the time. We help each other out as much as we can.

Thank you for your advise. I will continue to search the forum and gain my knowledge

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/15/04 5:11pm
Msg #11363

**I read through and it seems that everyone goes all over a direct answer. It seems the question has been asked several times but never a direct answer given. I've looked at what the national notary says and it's $85 which isn't an option on this site. I've been told that notaries wont consider a job under $150.**

I think you are mistaken. By researching and reading past threads, you will see that e-docs range from $25-$50.

As for NNA's $85, that includes the signing fee AND e-docs. No one can give tell you a specific rate to charge -- that would be considered price fixing, which is against the law. You must research your own area and find what other's are charging.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/15/04 6:57pm
Msg #11374

You seem to be under the impression that there is a right and wrong when it comes to fees. There's not. What's right for you is what's right, and that's different for everybody. The best thing you can do is continue to read this group and gather information, then work out a fee schedule that you feel is fair for your needs.

Reply by Avis Davis on 11/15/04 7:53pm
Msg #11380

That's what I was starting to think. I just received my cards today. I'll be getting out to the lenders that I work with. Do you work the San Bernardino area?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.