Notary Rotary
Michigan
Notary Discussion History

Michigan
Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Bernie Seals on 11/23/04 11:53am
Msg #11920

Michigan

I'm new to the site and notary business. Been a mortgage broker for over 2 years. What is the easiest way to get signed up with some of the local companies in Michigan?
Thanks

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/23/04 12:00pm
Msg #11921

Bernie,

With all due respect, I think you are asking the wrong question. I would focus not so much on local companies but on companies that operate nationally. I suppose that given that you are new to the notary business, you probably would want to start off with signing services (at least for a short while). This site has an excellent list. Also most people feel the premium membership here is quite worthwhile.

Just out of curiosity, where are you in Michigan?

Reply by Bernie Seals on 11/23/04 12:09pm
Msg #11923

thanks for the information. I'm over in Grand Rapids. Is this site one of the best sites to sign up with. (premium membership) I've been searching the internet and I can't believe how overwhelming this has been. TOOOO many companies out there.....just like the mortgage biz.

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/23/04 2:49pm
Msg #11930

You are welcome. Yes, this is one of the best sites to sign up with, particularly the premium membership. And this is not just my opinion, but the opinion of many others. Brenda of Texas had an excellent post on this, but don't have it with me so don't know the date.

One very positive aspect for you is that your learning curve will probably be shorter than most as you have a background in the mortgage business. Reading the posts on this site and on gomobile notary will also be helpful to you. There is a primer put out by the NNA (national Notary Organization) on Michigan notary laws, which I have found to be helpful. And it isn't real expensive.

Best wishes.

Reply by Shaz on 11/24/04 10:53am
Msg #11980

Bernie, e-mail me and I will be glad to give you some of the better companies to work for.

[e-mail address]

Reply by Shaz on 11/24/04 10:54am
Msg #11981

Fotgot to tell you I'm From Michigan to Jackson County

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.