Notary Rotary
Mortgagenotary
Notary Discussion History

Mortgagenotary
Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Les on 11/10/04 4:54pm
Msg #11139

Mortgagenotary

Mortgage Notary is a fairly new company here in Florida. Has anyone had any dealings with them as yet. I did a couple for them about 3 months ago. They said they pay every 55 days. I haven't received anything from them, except a statement from the owner that I cost them money and wasn't going to pay me. I threatened him with the better business bureau and was threatened back with he would have my certificate revoked. I don't think he can, but I'd like to find out what course I could take.

Reply by Diane Fowler, P.A. - Diane on 11/10/04 8:23pm
Msg #11153

Yes, I have had several dealings with them. Each one has been a nightmare experience. My last signing was in July. I am still awaiting payment. After numerous emails that went unanswered, and telephone calls that went unreturned, I sent a certified letter that finally got a response. MortgageNotary is refusing to pay my firm as well. Just for your information, this is not a "fairly new company". This is a d/b/a from AllFloridaDivorce - - a paralegal firm that appears to try to "run with the big dogs" while remaining a "little puppy". I have heard numerous horror stories about both MortgageNotary.com and All Florida Divorce from both signing agents as well as clients in the legal field.

As far as I am concerned, this organization is a sham in both fields. It is a shame that the company has so little regard for its image (in either field).

As far as having your certificate revoked, again, it is a veiled threat. They cannot touch your certificate - - you are appointed by the governor and only the governor can revoke your certificate. Again, it is a veiled threat to scare you into not pushing this any further. My best advice is to never do business with this company again and to discourage any of your network from ever doing business with this company. I know that my own trusting nature has been badly abused by this company. I shall discourage everyone I know, or come across, from any future dealings with MortgageNotary.com and/or All Florida Divorce.

Reply by Becca/FL on 11/11/04 8:41am
Msg #11170

Mortgagenotary / DocumentSigners

I to have a trusting nature and was badly abused by MN. I'm so trusting that I accepted a signing from Annette D., Jamie's former office manager. Annette started DocumentSigners days after MortgageNotary closed it's doors. Annette told me she had no association with JJ or his former business, she too was screwed. Low and behold, I latter hear she is running the new business in the same location as MN and has only "purchased" his client list and equipment, not his debt.

Same story, different name. I accepted an assignment from DocumentSigners on 8/20/04. The signing was re-scheduled three times. The first conf. I received was for $125, the second for $75. I asked via phone and email for a conf. reflecting my correct fee, I was told it was on it's way. Annette was fully aware of the fees that I charged, she had requested my services many times while working for MN.

On 8/26/04, two hours before the signing, I received edocs and printed them. I called again for a conf. and was told the signing had been cancelled. I asked the women on the phone if it had cancelled or if they had re-assigned it because I charge a mere $10 more than they "normally" pay. I was informed that the signing had been re-assigned to another notary. I informed the scheduler that I would be billing them for printing the edocs. I have yet to be paid for my time and trouble.

IMHO>>>>>> MortgageNotary and DocumentSigners ARE the same business. Run in the same manner by the same people. BEWARE!!!!!!

Reply by Becca/FL on 11/11/04 10:35am
Msg #11181

DocumentClosers NOT DocumentSigners...Opps

I am so sorry to the people at DocumentSigners (if there is such a Co.) I was completely mistaken in using the name DocumentSigners. I beg for your forgiveness. Oh, I feel so bad!!!!!!

The Company that I am referring to is DOCUMENTCLOSERS.com, Volusia Co., Florida.

And, as I can see from a post an another board, someone is also having a hard time getting paid by DocumentClosers.

Hmmmm, wonder why????? Ethics maybe????

Reply by DCI on 11/11/04 2:58pm
Msg #11197

Re: DocumentClosers NOT DocumentSigners...Opps

To answer Becca's reply, she was right about one thing, she had done numerous closings for MNC, and she never got paid more then 85 dollars from them unless it was a double loan, she also knows that they dont pay for cancellations, they too have to print out docs to convert them so when a loan cancels they suffer as well, so Becca you need to get your facts straight, we at DCI have no affiliation with that fat $%^& , we never "bought" a client list or equipment, so before you make accusations get your facts straight. You are unethical slamming a company you havent worked for, we are not the same company as MNC so if you are going to insult us, find another way....

Very Respectfully,

DCI Staff

Reply by Anonymous on 2/9/06 6:35pm
Msg #95932

ANNETTE U LIE SOO GOOD THAT U BELIVE UR OWN LIES
ALEX RUN WHILE U CAN B4 ITS TOO LATE N SHE GETS A LOCK OF UR HAIR N PUTS A SPELL ON YOU

Reply by Diane on 11/13/04 8:59am
Msg #11249

DocumentSigners is a valid company, but come to think about it, I don't think they are here in Volusia. DocumentClosers it is!

Reply by Diane Fowler on 11/13/04 8:57am
Msg #11248

Re: Mortgagenotary / DocumentSigners

Okay!!! Any other people burned by DocumentSigners? A class action suit can have more than one defendant!!!

Reply by the lost soul on 11/11/04 3:04pm
Msg #11198

all you people need to stop complaining and take action, he is sitting on a gold mine and your letting him get away with it

Reply by FLNOTARY on 11/12/04 7:34am
Msg #11215

DCI STAFF

In your response. You did not address the issue that BECCAFL brought up. Did you assigned her and order and then drew out of the deal because you could not afford her rate. You signing companies kill me with you bull%$#@. Your company is now definately on my NO_NO list and I hope your business goes exactly where it belongs....IN THE TOILET!!!!!!

Reply by Gerri/FL on 11/12/04 9:02am
Msg #11219

Document Closers in Deltona, FL

Becca, that was me also having trouble getting paid. I did 3 in September and since October 15th have been continuously promised payment every week. Every week no check. Last week Monica told me it was because of the hurricane. I could understand that and if I was told that on 10/15 I would not be sitting here so frustrated. Now of course I am supposed to get payment this week.....we will see. I think if these companies would just be honest and not tell us to expect it, it would not be so frustrating. I enjoy doing signings but I bust my butt for these companies with last minute scheduling and e-docs and faxing and following their rules that the bad is starting to outweigh the good. I am sitting here right now waiting to hear from an Agency that called last night for a signing at 11 am (it's 10 am now) that is 30 miles away. No docs, nothing yet. The borrower phone number is bogus and they can't seem to find the right one. Think I'll make it? lol

Reply by Cory/IL on 12/13/04 11:23am
Msg #13434

Re: Document Closers in Deltona, FL

Very Very Slow pay if you get paid at all. Each time I call for payment they say, "the check went out today."

Reply by Diane on 11/13/04 9:04am
Msg #11250

I'm not complaining. I'm trying to find enough people for a class action suit. For one person to go after him, it is not going to hurt at all. For a number of people to band together and go after him, yes, now it will hurt. I even have another attorney ready to go on board for the litigation since it would be unethical for me to represent the class in court.

Thank-you for your input, though. This tells me that you are either one of the burned people or just interested enough in the various companies that you chose to read these posts. The more people that are aware, the better chance of stopping this type of behaviour toward signing agents.

Reply by Joanne_SL on 12/17/04 5:58am
Msg #13886

Let me know ... I will join in if you are going to sue! Thanks.

Reply by James B on 1/10/05 6:38pm
Msg #16143

Me too, [e-mail address].

Reply by Joanne_SL on 1/31/05 10:08am
Msg #18836

Did one in June ... still no payment ... sign me up. Joanne

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.