Notary Rotary
Nationwide Appraisal and Title Company
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Ted_MI on 11/18/04 11:51am
Msg #11591

Just received a huge (unsolicited) email from them about signing up. Have searched both here and gmn, so I understand that they are a good company and it is worth signing up with them. Also ascertained that they are a title company. So do they pay title company fees, and if so could you please elaborate? TIA

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/18/04 12:06pm
Msg #11592

Email me at [e-mail address] the no spam.

Reply by Glena/NV on 11/18/04 12:07pm
Msg #11593

Ooops! I did not mean to type your name in place...soryy!

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/18/04 12:08pm
Msg #11594

Ted,
I've had three work orders with them. The first, the Borrowers canceled before the signing because of a prepayment clause they didn't like. The second I canceled because they wouldn't agree to an increased fee (considering the distance and the location of the signing which I realized after getting the confirmation), and the third, and actual only signing I've done for them, I just did on Tuesday. I do have to say that for the one I canceled, the scheduler really tried to do everything she could to get the fee increased (she even initially approved it), but she was later shot down by her higher-ups.

To answer your question, they pay SS and not title company fees, although they quote you a rate and you can tell them the rate you will accept -- from my experience they will either accept it or reject it.

Reply by patricia on 11/18/04 12:24pm
Msg #11595

they do a lot of Chase equity lines and require from 10 to 15 documents to be faxed back.
They dont mention that in their agreement so when you quote them your fee take the extra
faxing into consideration, they want the documents faxed back and the package to go
out on the same day as the signing.

Reply by Jan Kohake on 11/18/04 12:29pm
Msg #11596

I have done a TON of HELOCS for Nationwide. More CitiBank, which I like, because the fee is much better. I will accept Chase if it here in my immediate vicinity or if it is on the same day and area that I will be at another closing nearby. For these 10-15 minute signings, I always make over $100. The schedulers are always courteous and try to work with you. This has been my experience with Nationwide and I take almost all that they throw at me.

Reply by VB 1 on 11/18/04 12:32pm
Msg #11598

How about a phone number and address???

Reply by Jan Kohake on 11/18/04 12:39pm
Msg #11599

800-920-0050 Nationwide Appraisal and Title Services, Inc., Southpointe Plaza II, Suite 300, 300 Southpointe Blvd., Canonsburg, PA 15317.

Like I said, this has been my experience with Nationwide. I have done signings for them for over a year and have built up a relationship with them.

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/18/04 12:43pm
Msg #11601

Hi,

I don't have an address for them, although I do know that they are in Pittsburgh, PA. The phone number of the person that emailed me, Barbara Orbin, who is the Nationwide Appraisal and Title Services Closing Recruiter, is 1-800-920-0050; ext. 8468

By the way, the company from what I understand also goes by NASCO.

Thanks everybody for your prompt responses.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/18/04 1:43pm
Msg #11604

The faxbacks aren't too bad. I figure it's more than worth it since the signings only take 15-30 minutes.

I think they're great. I seem to get checks from them once a week, they pay well, and the signings are quick. What more can you ask for?

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/18/04 3:19pm
Msg #11616

You're right. I more or less just accept the faxbacks as pretty normal, since so many SS's are requring them. The one I just did for them was only 4 pages.

Reply by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 11/18/04 6:23pm
Msg #11633

I have never had a problem with them either. Once you become known to them they usually pull away from the faxing issue. It is not really a big deal to me, but I do like knowing that they have the level of confidence in me to not have the faxes returned to them.

Reply by NICOLE WELCH on 11/18/04 6:07pm
Msg #11629

Is there a email contact for them.

Reply by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 11/18/04 9:05pm
Msg #11648

Their website address is www.nascopgh.com

Customer Service E-mail is [e-mail address]

Barbara Orbin is their closing recruiter and her E-mail is [e-mail address]

Ken

Reply by Jennifer on 11/18/04 8:55pm
Msg #11646

Less than title company fees but more than SS fees.

Beware of their "trip fee if loan doesn't fund." I don't mind it if the loan is nearby because they pay better than SSs. But I did turn one down that involved 1.5 hours of travel each way.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/18/04 9:03pm
Msg #11647

I have a fee contract and disclosure that must be signed by any company before I will close a loan for them. I will NOT work for any company that will not agree to pay me my full fee even if the loan rescinds. Most companies understand and are willing to accept it... Build up a reputation and you can do most anything...

Reply by Loretta/Maryland on 11/18/04 10:41pm
Msg #11659

I would love to get a copy of this contract/disclosure. Sounds like a great idea. Most of them have some kind of agreement that we have to sign, it's our turn.

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/19/04 10:00am
Msg #11681

Yes! great idea...can we see your contract? pretty please?

Reply by anonymous on 11/19/04 11:27am
Msg #11690

NASCO pays trip fees if you go to the closing and it does not close. That is different than if it just doesn't fund. If you do the closing and the borrower rescinds, you still get your whole closing fee. I also know that NASCO will not sign any contract like the one previously mentioned. They can not give your entire fee if it does not close because they get $0 from the lender if it does not close regardless who's fault it is, borrower, lender or agent. NASCO tries to stay fair without having to go out of business.

Reply by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 11/19/04 1:58pm
Msg #11694

Maybe my reputation strong enough...

Reply by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 11/19/04 2:00pm
Msg #11695

My disclosure is quite length, but the two paragraphs pertaining to this subject are as follows:

FEE CONTRACT
All fees are due without regard to the final closing status of the loan. If we deliver a loan package to the borrower and they refuse to sign for ANY REASON, you will be billed and expected to pay the full fee. This form must be signed by a company representative and returned to us via Facsimile prior to any closings. This contract shall remain in force in all work assigned.

INVOICES AND COLLECTIONS
All invoices are due at funding, or net/30, whichever comes first. Realizing that some companies experience delays in funding and payment, aging of invoices will not begin until 60 days past due (90 days from the date of invoice). At 91 days, a billing charge of $10 will be added and the invoice will be turned over to a collection agency for collection. The debtor, will be responsible for any and all fees to collect a past due debt.

Additionally, returned checks are subject to a $25 NSF charge and are placed immediately for collection. The debtor will also be responsible for any fees incurred as a result of collection action for a returned check.

I find that most companies, including NASCOPGH are willing to reciprocate your signing their contract...

Ken

Reply by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 11/19/04 2:02pm
Msg #11696

Just an additional note...

If you have a contract like the one I created, and you have to sue a company for fees, there is NO way they can say they did not know. All that is required is disclosure... Very much like the credit card company disclosures of change in terms. They do not have to prove that you receive the notice, only that they sent it...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.