Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
O.K. is Ohio a 1 witness or 2 witness state????
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Susie/OH on 11/22/04 9:08pm
Msg #11896

I am getting a might confused. I always have a second witness and I myself being one. Can I be the only witness????

Reply by Roger/OH on 11/22/04 9:46pm
Msg #11903

Susie, Ohio has been a NO witness state for almost 3 years now, so save yourself the grief! Smiley

Reply by Susie/OH on 11/23/04 8:04am
Msg #11913

Re: O.K. is Ohio - For "ROGER"

Thank you Roger, but does that mean I just notarize the document? Or, notarize and sign as a witness?

Reply by Roger/OH on 11/23/04 8:30am
Msg #11915

Notarize only - you don't have to sign as a witness on any docs.

The only occasional exception to this is when a particular lender might require you to sign as a witness also; that situation would be explained in your package instructions when it occurs.

Reply by Susie/OH on 11/23/04 8:34am
Msg #11916

Thank You, You are a great help. I really appreciate your time and knowledge. I know I will be calling on you in the future.

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/23/04 11:10am
Msg #11919

Roger,

Along the lines of what you have stated, I recently did a HELOC in which there was a four page condominium rider and the fourth page was a witness notarization form. I left it blank and contacted the ss and told them that I did that for two reasons: one that Michigan (like Ohio) is not a witness state, and secondly that I was the only other person there and so no way could I notarize my own signature. They seemed comfortable with that. Conceivably it was some sort of generic rider form.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.