Notary Rotary
Re: "New National Notary Directory"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Ted_MI on 11/27/04 10:00am
Msg #12090

Just received an email from an outfit entitled "1-Stop Notary.com" about a new notary directory they are apparently pushing. Anybody have any insight into this, say its potential value? TIA

Reply by Glena/NV on 11/27/04 11:14am
Msg #12093

Ted, I checked. That website is not even registered yet....be very leary! Do not give them any of your information.

Reply by Glena/NV on 11/27/04 11:23am
Msg #12095

I stand corrected... you have to enter address with www.

before it comes up. Their membership fee is $5.95/month - $7.95/mo for premium listing. So far, California which is a very saturated state only has two listed. This is very new and I have no idea how aggressive they are in their marketing campaign. Their listing is first come first served basis. it would be good to be on top of the list, however I do not know if I would spend that much money while it is still in its early stage...still undecided.

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/27/04 1:12pm
Msg #12098

Re: I stand corrected... you have to enter address with www.

Hi Glena,

Thanks for your thoughts. I do agree with you that it may well be valuable to be on the top of the list. But then again as you very insightfully have commented, one does not know how aggressive (or for that matter how successful) they will be with their marketing campaign. Hopefully others will register in with their thoughts. Again thanks.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 11/27/04 1:16pm
Msg #12099

From WHOIS:

Domain Name.......... 1-stopnotary.com
Creation Date........ 2004-06-19
Registration Date.... 2004-06-19
Expiry Date.......... 2005-06-19
Organisation Name.... Paula Batzer
Organisation Address. 1 Stop Notary LLC
Organisation Address. 801 S. Garfield Ave. #158
Organisation Address. Traverse City
Organisation Address. 49686
Organisation Address. MI
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

A-1 Notary.com (A-1 Notary and Signing Agent Services, LLC) is also registered to Paula Batzer.

As an aside, I don't know why you would need to enter the "www", Glena. No need with IE or Firefox. Are you using a different browser?

Reply by Glena/NV on 11/27/04 3:04pm
Msg #12100

Paul,
I don't know what happened. I tried tried it without www and it works just fine earlier it did not work. No, I am using the same browser as you. I must have done something wrong.

Reply by julie-mi on 11/27/04 10:03pm
Msg #12107

ps to paul's investigation

Paula Batzer is listed on signing agent.com as a certified signing agent, who works a real job during the day.

Sounds like a new venture.

My brother was going to start a notary listing service and purchased the names and addresses of all the Michigan notaries from the State.

I did not receive her email, so she possibly is just using folks from NNA, which I am not a member of.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 11/28/04 6:11am
Msg #12120

Re: ps to paul's investigation

FWIW, Julie, I don't think her list is from the NNA, at least not solely. I am not a member of the NNA either and I did receive her "invitation". I'm not clear on what she's trying to accomplish by first setting up a signing agency (which I did join) and now with a listing service. Oh well, we'll see how this all pans out as time goes by, I guess.

Reply by Sherri_NWA on 2/2/06 9:59pm
Msg #93615

I am receiving calls from SS from this site. A winner in my book. It's working! And not just Nations Direct either!!! LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.