Notary Rotary
Surf City Mobile Notary and also Document Assistance Company
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Janel Nichols on 11/4/04 7:47am
Msg #10859

Does anyone have any experience with them? Also Document Assistance Company and Notary Signing Service, Ltd???

Reply by Larita/MI on 11/4/04 9:17am
Msg #10865

Surf City is bad news. New company and not very organized nor professional. Go to GMN and put that name in and you'll see some of the archived posts. So you may want to stay away until they get more stable. I had a hard time getting a confirmation from her prior to the signing, so I cancelled and I am glad I did after hearing what other posters had to say.

Not sure about DAC.

Reply by KC/IN on 11/4/04 9:35am
Msg #10866

If I remember right, I have dealt with DAC in the past and had no problem.

Reply by shadoulew/CA on 11/4/04 10:46am
Msg #10872

I did four signings for her last month. if i remember correctly i was told by leighann that she pays by the first of the month for the previous month's signings. i have already called and left messages on her cell, office and sent an email yesterday. no response. have left messages with her today . the last signing i did for her was on the 15th of last month so i will give it until then before i start using other means to collect. i will keep you guys updated on payment status.

Reply by Janel Nichols on 11/4/04 1:04pm
Msg #10879

Thank you all very much! Surf City has yet to get back to me to confirm an appointment tomorrow. I will covering the funding issue top priority!!!

Reply by Al on 11/4/04 1:26pm
Msg #10882

Took me 3 mos. to collect from Surf City. Also read a while back on the go mob. not. board that she never paid a notary from Oakland Calif. for two trips with e-docs. Surf City owed her over $200 for that. I have read very few good reports on her.
I would never take another signing from her.
I believe most of hers are Ameriquest and if she doesn't get paid she doesn't pay the notary.

Reply by Larita/MI on 11/4/04 1:39pm
Msg #10884

Without a confirmation I would be careful about not scheduling other assignments for that day and time. This is why she doesn't send a confirmation at the time the appointment is set, which is not good. If she cancels at the last minute then you can believe she's not paying a cancellation fee. Personally, without a confirmation I won't schedule the appointment nor keep that time slot available should I get another closing. It's first confirmation, first serve! And knowing that it's Ameriquest loans you can pretty much know that your payment will be late because chances are she doesn't have enough capital reserve like Vital Signings or the larger SS that do ameriquest loans to pay you in advance. Just be careful!

Reply by Janel Nichols on 11/4/04 2:17pm
Msg #10886

That is very good advice larita, thank you!

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/4/04 4:43pm
Msg #10896

It's the 4th of the month and you're already leaving a bunch of messages and talking about using other means to collect? Jeez, develop a little patience, it's only been 3 weeks since your last signing for them!

Reply by Janel Nichols on 11/4/04 5:35pm
Msg #10900

Well, Surf City called me back and told me she could not get my fee approved. She was asking me to drive over 100 mi one way. Is $150 plus a $15 doc fee too much????

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/5/04 2:37am
Msg #10924

Sorry, I was responding to another poster who made a comment about expecting to be paid by the first of the month. I think the fourth of the month is a little too soon to be panicking about it. At least allow some time for Post Office delays. One of my checks last month took 8 days to travel from northern to southern California, it normally takes 2 days. These things do happen through no fault of the signing services.

As for your fee, $150 for over 100 miles one way is insanely low. I charge $1.25/mile round trip so I'd charge $250 for 100 miles. And honestly, I would probably turn down the signing to begin with, I really have no desire to drive 200 miles for one appointment. I don't need the money that badly.

Reply by Janel Nichols on 11/6/04 8:29am
Msg #10971

Its not that I need the money that badly and most signings are within a 50 mile radius. I feel I was being fair, more than fair!!! with her and she gasped at $165. I was really surprised when I have been paid more thru Vital for the same distance.

Reply by shadoulew/CA on 11/5/04 8:21pm
Msg #10963

Re: Surf City Mobile Notary and CaliNotary's lack of facts

I would like to start by saying that I have gotten payment by Surf City Mobile Notary well within the 30 days most companies are paying in. She does pay as agreed. If the lines of communication are kept open with her you shouldn't have a problem with accepting assignments from her.

Before you(CaliNotary) start spouting off at the mouth, I was told by LeighAnn herself that she pays her notaries by the first of the month for the previous month's signings. I had not gotten my money by the date she told me I would so yes I did start calling her. No, I normally would not make a big deal out of this until the 30 days were over with, but I was told something different by her. So since you did not know the entire facts of our conversation, you really shouldn't on something you know nothing about. Someone asked for experience with this service and I gave my account of my experience with it.

Reply by shadoulew/ca on 11/5/04 10:17pm
Msg #10967

Re: Surf City Mobile Notary and CaliNotary's lack of facts

I meant to say "you really shouldn't comment on something you know nothing about."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.