Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Wouldnt ya know it?...I'm in a pickle...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by William Soronen on 11/18/04 3:25pm
Msg #11618

Well I get certified and stamped and start handing out business cards. And I get my first call...
only problem is...it's for myself!

here's the story.

My wife and I are taking out another line of credit on our house. Our lender has helped us
in the past, she is a really nice lady.
Long story short, she has two notary's scheduled to come to our house...unfortunately they both cancel at the last minute. This woman knows that I am a signing agent (albeit a fledgling one)
and asks if she could just fed-ex the doc's to me and I could have someone I know stamp them.
unfortunately, the only woman I know is the one I am going to start working with next week...havent even met her in person yet!
And as luck would have it, she is also leaving out of town today through the weekend.
Our lenders request is that I go through the doc's with my wife and be certain she signs and initials where she is supposed to, then get my "friend" to stamp them next monday on her return.
Well for times sake I have agreed to let her fed-ex me the doc's and try to get a notary out here
tomorrow so we can get it all done by wednsday at the latest. However I am not at all comfortable signing off for the person I am going to be working with and hopeing she will stamp them...as I have said I havent even met her yet...I did try to call her to see what she suggested...but we were cut off after only a few seconds.

So, if anyone in here works in or around San Diego county (south SD to be precise) I have some
Doc's coming first thing tomorrow morning that need signing...I dont know what the fee is from our lender but I think anything you charge is fine as long as we sign off on it right?

That's my pickle...and a big gherkin it is. Please adviseSmiley

P.S...I was really really looking forward to our Notary coming tonight so I could peek over her shoulder and get a little OJT without her even knowing what I am!...hehe...darnit:(

Regards

William R. Soronen

Reply by William Soronen on 11/18/04 4:04pm
Msg #11619

Well things worked out...I managed to get ahold of the person I wanted to do the work initially...and she referred me to a woman who happens to live like a mile away from me...so it all worked out just fine...she will be here tomorrow afternoon and everyone is happySmiley

Regards

WRS

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/18/04 4:28pm
Msg #11620

wow that beats my pickle lol

I was called on the 15th by a company in Ca for a signing in my area and I didn't even have my seal and stamp yet! The cart before the horse? Anyway, I missed the call being out to dinner without my cell...but I called back to apologize and asked how she found me, it was thru Notary Rotary! She said they loved this website Smiley now I got my tools and I'm ready to rock and roll!

Reply by TO Charm_AL on 11/18/04 9:51pm
Msg #11656

I am sure the calls will start coming in. I have call forwarding on my phone, so when I leave the house it goes to my cell phone. Of course remember to carry it with you. It will become part of your body real soon. I have had mine attached to me since my kids became teenagers.
Good Luck and many happy signings!!!

Reply by Butterfly on 11/18/04 7:19pm
Msg #11639

William,

Another idea is to sign all docs with your wife except the few that will need the notarization. When completed go to a UPS store and have them notarized. This way it will only cost $10 per sig.

When I refi'd my girlfriend was not around to comp. me so I did the above and paid UPS Store $40.00. I personally would not pay for another signer to come to you. As you know we are all making a living and when you add travel into price it would be much higher than the $10 per sig. (California rate).

Hope this helps!

Reply by William Soronen on 11/18/04 11:50pm
Msg #11663

Thanks!...man I know for next time....that never even ocurred to me..sheesh.

regards

WRS

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.