e-docs
Notary Discussion History

e-docs
Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Kathy Mc Graw on 11/16/04 12:40am
Msg #11405

e-docs

Hi,
Has anyone ever had any problems with the Swift View program? I have lost a few signings because I cannot figure out how to use this program. I downloaded it as stated, but when I try to open the docs, I either get them in a zip file, or a corrupted file.
Thanks

Reply by Nd_WA on 11/16/04 2:43am
Msg #11406

Who ever send you the doc should have a link to download the SwiftView or whatever program they use and a link to the doc file. The doc file normally open within the SV window once you enter the username/password (given by the sender). If it comes in a zip file then you need to un-zip it in order to view/print. There are a few different zip programs you can download for free.

Your problem may have to do with the operating system you are using and/or your internet connection (broadband vs. dial-up).

Reply by kmnotary on 11/16/04 2:58am
Msg #11407

yes, I did all this. I am wondering too about the operating system, it is XP Pro. I have literally tried for hours, installing and uninstalling this program. All e-docs in PDF come out just fine, but this program I cannot open. A friend opened them for me on another computer so I just have to figure out how to do it on mine. I even went so far as to buy a new laser printer.

Reply by Nd_WA on 11/16/04 3:54am
Msg #11408

I have XP Pro too and haven't had any problen with edocs. What do you use to connect to the internet? I'm sure Paul/FL would have better insight to your problem if he will be on later.

Reply by M-FL on 11/16/04 7:26am
Msg #11410

I don't normally reply but I have had this problem with Swiftview. In order for me to print the documents I now right click on the view then save as a target file. I then change the zip to hp and the documents open fine and I can print. It started after an update to my computer.

Reply by Glena/NV on 11/16/04 10:08am
Msg #11419

Try right clicking on the file and save the file to your desktop and open it from there. I have done that on files I could not open and it works.

Reply by kmnotary_CA on 11/16/04 3:47pm
Msg #11448

Glenda and others,
Thank you very much! After weeks of frustration I actually opened a file, and it printed. Amazing how simple the solution was-once someone else came up with it.

Thanks again,

Reply by Jm/Cali on 11/18/04 12:22am
Msg #11561

Do you have to purchase a program for E-docs?

I see all the talk about e.docs do I need to buy a program in order to have the ability to receive e-docs?

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/18/04 12:26am
Msg #11562

Re: Do you have to purchase a program for E-docs?

No, but there are a ton of different e-doc programs out there. They'll send you a link to download whatever viewer you need for the various programs.

Reply by kmnotary_CA on 11/16/04 3:50pm
Msg #11450

Thak you Glenda, your suggestion worked, and I have not only opened the doc, but verified it printed. Thanks again.

kathy

Reply by Glena/NV on 11/16/04 6:14pm
Msg #11463

You are welcome! It is Glena, by the way.

Hope you will have plenty of signings coming to you from now on.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 11/16/04 10:15am
Msg #11421

I had somewhat of the same problem. The swiftview I had downloaded was a 30 day free trial and I had to delete this version and download it again from the TC. Opened just fine after that. DSL vs Dial-up has nothing to do with it. I have dial-up, it's slow as hell but I can still download.

Reply by kmnotary on 11/16/04 1:10pm
Msg #11432

Thank you all. I do have DSL, and i will now try the right click and save to my desktop as you have suggested. Ihope this works as i have a signing tonight, and would love to call the other agency back and tell them the problem is solved.

Reply by Glena/NV on 11/16/04 6:16pm
Msg #11464

It will work. Good luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.