Notary Rotary
irep
Notary Discussion History

irep
Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by ME on 11/4/04 10:29am
Msg #10869

irep

has anyone heard that IREP HIRES there closers now , they take out taxes and you sign a contract with them for no employee plan benefits. whats up with that. can they do this and if so , how can you be and employee and not recieve benefits, your no longer an independent contractor.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 11/4/04 11:36am
Msg #10873

My brother in law is the one of the reps for IREP covering NY, NJ, PA, MD and DE. I have never heard of this and I have been an independent abstractor for 4 years for them and a closer over a year now. I hope by now someone would have told me.

Reply by Me on 11/4/04 12:04pm
Msg #10876

this is in Il and I have been working for IREP for 2 years . but this is the case with me I do, do alot of business with them so I way wondering if it is the amount of income I'm making with them now.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 11/4/04 12:39pm
Msg #10878

Re: irep....Did you see the trip fee now?

How many closings a month do you do with them?
Did you see the letter they sent out with this months checks about that trip fee policy. I think this is so wrong. I do not do any closings for any company that will pay me a "trip fee" if the loan does not close. I have waited sometimes for an hour for the docs to be corrected at a closing. I spoke with IREP today and they told me if I stay more than 15 minutes, that is my problem. I will have to leave after 15 minutes, call IREP to get a trip fee and then have the branch call IREP to schedule the closing with me again then I can go back to the branch and continue with the closing.

Reply by Me on 11/4/04 1:20pm
Msg #10881

yes I did get it , but tell me U said your brother works for them do they do this also , hire the closing agent now , and I have been in the closing for 45 to an hour and it don't close I still won't get but 20.00 so I will be there from now on 15 min maybe 20 min a dollar a min from now on.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 11/4/04 1:54pm
Msg #10885

They have not said anything in this area about signing a contract or taking out taxes. I, too, have waited an hour for docs to get right, especially if the HUD is not correct, I have waited for them to get corrected and then continued with the closing. I will not do this again.
Per IREP, we are to leave after 15 minutes, whether it be the docs are not ready or the borrowers are not there. Then, if everything works out and our schedule permits, the branch will call IREP to schedule the closing again and they will contact us to go back to the branch. This policy is an inconvenience to all of us. I told IREP that I did not know how long I would be able to stick with their policy, I am not turning down work because their docs are running behind and they said it was my choice.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/4/04 4:37pm
Msg #10894

I think it's definitely important that if anybody turns down work from this company because of this policy that you tell them exactly why you're doing it. It probably won't do much good, but companies like this need to know that their ridculous policies are driving away their good notaries and that they'll be scraping the bottom of the notary barrel for signers.

Reply by Me on 11/4/04 5:31pm
Msg #10899

Yes, Loretta I do agree with you on that and I took the letter in to the brench Manager so he could understand why I tell them my time is money and it does pay me hourly so when I get to the office there doc's need to be correct and ready. correction and waiting on no shows pays me nothing now $20.00 it use to be 50.00 and now it really doesn't pay for the trip fee so I told him if there's a problem or doc's have to be reran when I get there 15 maybe 20 min max's I'll wait. and I am going to call IREP about this .

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/5/04 2:31am
Msg #10923

This sounds like you're just setting yourself up to be screwed by this company. Why are you going to continue to work for them if you have so many concerns about getting paid? There are way too many good companies out there for us to be dicking around with this kind of crap.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/5/04 3:00am
Msg #10925

One more thing. I'm not familiar with this company at all, but any company that puts it's notaries in the postion of having to esentially tell the borrower "I'm not getting paid for this so I'm not sticking around to help you straighten it out" is a pretty sucky company. We shouldn't have to worry about our financial interests in the middle of a signing, that should only come when we're deciding whether to accept the signing or not.

If you leave after 15 minutes and the problem is solved in 20 minutes, what is the borrower going to think? Who are they going to blame for the loan being delayed?

It sounds to me like this company is looking for ways to set the notary up as the fall guy, and not pay you to boot since it would be "your own fault" that you didn't follow their rules. When a company is kind enough to wave a huge red flag in front of your face like this be sure to take it as a serious warning sign.

Reply by Me on 11/5/04 9:47am
Msg #10936

Re: irep....Did you see the trip fee now? Ms Cali

I would not tell a borrower I'm not sticking around, I think you misunstood what I said , I said I would inform the branch Manger, and the brangh is aware of this policy also , I do believe this make them more liable if something isn't correct and they need to redo the Doc's, the few that I have had to leave on the Borrower understood , it normally was a problem with incorrect infromation being giving or clearity, I had one closing the husband didn't think he had to bring his wife because she was a vested owner, the loan officers told him she need to sign, but not all the forms in this case , I was call for reschedule and was pay for trip fee and full fee for same day later after the wife got off work. I didn't mind, and I did work with them to reschedule my appointment for that evening. and that was before they change the trip fee.

Reply by Me on 11/5/04 9:14am
Msg #10935

Re: irep....Did you see the trip fee now? Ms Cali

I can understand if you have not heard of the company, I've been working for them over 2 years I don't have a problem with them paying me , there one of my best companies. there on time and often , I simply address Lorette ? about the letter they sent about the trip fee, although I myself can count on one hand the closing that have not closed, the branch I go in to, to close for they work very well with me, they normally call me if there having problems, if you have read all the replys, you can go to the website for IREP, I do thank all that have respond to my initial ?

Reply by Jon on 11/4/04 6:32pm
Msg #10907

Perhaps someone from Il can elaborate, but I remember something about requirements in Il that require a SA to be employed by a title or lender in order to do signings. As I recall, there was a lot of back and forth about what is actually required. I didn't pay real close attention to it because I'm in Ca. Is someone from Il out there who can be more specific?

Reply by Perplexed on 11/4/04 5:36pm
Msg #10902

Do you mean that your bil does what we do? If so, how on earth does he have a notary commission in all those states? Is he an employee?

Reply by Me on 11/4/04 5:43pm
Msg #10903

Re: irep ? to Perplexed

I'm not sure of your ?

Reply by Perplexed on 11/5/04 8:19am
Msg #10931

Re: irep ? to Perplexed

My questions were directed to Loretta's posts about her brother in law.

Reply by Loretta/Maryland on 11/6/04 2:27pm
Msg #10974

My brother in law is employed by Beneficial which is owned (or managed, something like that) by IREP. He is an east coast rep. He was in charge of a few states until this past Friday and now he is a rep for Maryland and Delaware. He is way beyond the position of a closer. He was first a loan officer, than a branch manager and then he got moved to the corporate office. He knows all there is to know about the policies of the company. Beneficial was bought out by Household which is also owned (or managed) by IREP. It is too confusing for me to understand how they work.

Reply by Me on 11/4/04 6:08pm
Msg #10905

Re: irep ? Loretta

Lorette have you talk to your brother about this and if so what did he say do they hire so many as employee's?

Reply by mimi_NJ on 11/4/04 2:30pm
Msg #10887

What is there website address?

Reply by mimi_NJ on 11/4/04 2:30pm
Msg #10888

What is their website address?

Reply by BrendaTX on 11/4/04 4:04pm
Msg #10891

IREP'S WEBSITE: www.irepvm.com

I work for them, but I did not know the website. I used the search engine on yahoo.com to find it by searching on

"irep beneficial" (type it into the little yahoo search box)

First page returned and 4th entry down:

Integrated Real Estate Processing :: © 2004
" Home. Downloadable Forms. © 2003 Integrated Real Estate Processing. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use. ... Downloadable Forms. Household/Beneficial (BPO) Form in Microsoft Word format (.doc) ... Interested in becoming an. IREP customer? ...
www.irepvm.com/default.aspx?page=5 - 8k - Cached - More from this site

---------------------------------
You cannot believe how wonderful the list is on NotaryRotary.com if you have a paid membership...

I went to the company list on NotaryRotary.com and I found a listing for IREP RECRUITING
and all this information was right there!

"Prospective closing agents may contact - Tom McCullough ,
Recruitment Department at 877-789-4737

Addresses Phone and Internet
Primary: 290 Bilmar Dr
Pittsburgh, PA 15205

Business: 877.789.4737
Business 2: 877.287.4494
Fax: 877.684.6277
E-mail: [e-mail address]

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/4/04 4:34pm
Msg #10893

There are a LOT of companies that don't provide benefits to their employees. It's not a legal requirement.

Reply by Me on 11/4/04 5:35pm
Msg #10901

I understand that all company don't have a benefit plan, but if they do' is it o.k. to let some employee have the benefit plan and others not?

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/5/04 2:29am
Msg #10922

Absolutely. That happens all the time too. Most companies won't give part time employees any benefits. And the benefit plans can vary widely within a company that does offer them. Senior executives and custodial staff do not have the same benefit packages.

There's nothing ethically wrong with this. If you want benefits (I don't mean you specifically) find a job that offers you benefits. Too often in life people seem to feel a sense of entitlement over something they've chosen to do with their own free will. We all make our choices in life, they're not all winners but we choose em, we live with the consequences.

Reply by awalsh001 on 11/9/04 1:53pm
Msg #11058

Interesting !!.

If you are an employee, then your travel to work is not tax deductable - as an independent contractor it is.

I wonder if they pay state workman's compensation taxes?

Art

Reply by PAnotary on 11/19/04 10:04am
Msg #11682

FYI....IREP doesn't own BFC or HFC....National REIS owns Irep...it was created wholly to service BFC and HFC. BFC and HFC are owned by HSBC (Hen Seng Bank Corp.), the 3rd largest bank in the world, I'm told.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.