Notary Rotary
out of state papers
Notary Discussion History

out of state papers
Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Peggy on 11/18/04 8:23pm
Msg #11644

out of state papers

Can I who live in Pennsylvania, notarize papers from Florida. The borrowers live in Pa and are buying property in Florida. All the papers that I need to Notarize are marked State of Florida.

Reply by KC/IN on 11/18/04 9:06pm
Msg #11649

Regardless of where the property is located, your notary clause will reflect the state and county in which the documents were signed. If the paper shows another state, simply mark it out and put the correct information. Hope this helps.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/18/04 9:06pm
Msg #11650

I have closed loans here in Texas for properties in other states and it has never been a problem. Just make sure your notary section complies with your state requirements.

This is just my humble opinion... You could check with your Secretary of State for a definite answer.

Ken

Reply by art_MD on 11/19/04 10:34am
Msg #11685

Notarizations done in one state are accepted in all other states.
So, your noterization is recognized in every state. Comply with PA requirements and you are fine. Make sure you correct the state/county section if they're wrong.

I've done a number for the state of De. It is an attorney state so people cross into MD to have refi's dones and save the $500.
Art

Reply by Peggy on 11/20/04 7:41am
Msg #11751

Thank you for your help

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.