14 notarizations in one re-fi !
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2004 Index

Posted by a-newbie, CA on 10/21/04 3:34pm
Msg #10248

okay, i am new at this, but...

i've just received a loan package today for a signing tonight. it has 14 documents to be notarized with 2 signers. that is almost double the amount i have been seeing. is this normal? should i ask for more $ from the signing service? or am i just stuck? thanks for the help.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/21/04 3:40pm
Msg #10249

Said a-newbie, CA:" okay, i am new at this, but...i've just received a loan package today for a signing tonight. it has 14 documents to be notarized with 2 signers. that is almost double the amount i have been seeing. is this normal? should i ask for more $ from the signing service? or am i just stuck? thanks for the help."

If I did not know better, I'd say you must be in Texas ....if so, that would be a normal amount in some cases.

You should not attempt to renegotiate your fee, in my opinion. But, I am in Texas and it takes lots of clicking with the ol' notary stamp to wrap up a loan package.

Reply by HisHughness on 10/21/04 9:32pm
Msg #10271

Most I ever had was 18. But then, things always come bigger in Texas, including village idiots. Just ask the candidate for...never mind.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/22/04 2:23am
Msg #10282

That is a heck of a lot of documents that need to be notarized. Would you charge the signing service less if there was only one document that needed notarization? Of course not. When you accept a signing you're agreeing to complete whatever package they send you. Did it really take you that much longer to complete the signing anyway?

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/22/04 7:08am
Msg #10284

CaliNotary said: " That is a heck of a lot of documents that need to be notarized. Would you charge the signing service less if there was only one document that needed notarization? Of course not. "

Cali, there you go using logic again.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/22/04 4:19pm
Msg #10302

I know, silly me. I should just go back to being cranky all the time.

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 10/22/04 5:27pm
Msg #10304

I agree with CaliNotary on this one; when an assignment is accepted, any and all notarizations are included in fee.

Reply by Notary1 on 11/1/04 9:47am
Msg #10710

newie, make sure you are doing 1 package and not a piggyback loan package meaning a side loan or a 1st and 2nd, or let's just say 2 loan package with the same borrowers.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.