Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anybody ever heard of Heavyweight Title????????
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2004 Index

Posted by carlosnyc on 10/5/04 2:56pm
Msg #9358

Good or bad?????
They are located in Owings Mills, MD. I did a search for them on this board nothing came up. I have a signing for them tomorrow. TIA

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/5/04 3:28pm
Msg #9362

I do closings for them all of the time, for the past year. They usually pay within a week or two.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/5/04 3:52pm
Msg #9365

The only times I have had dealings with them were not good experiences. I found them to be the most unethical company I have ever come across! First they wanted me to backdate because they didn't get the docs to me in time for the signing, so they said they would send them the next day but I would have to backdate. I told them I wouldn't. They guy said they do it all the time, no problem. I said I wouldn't do it. So, then he wanted to send me the docs the next day and I was to go to the borrowers, get the docs signed, and return them to Heavyweight and they would get them notarized. I refused to be a part of that too.
The guy said that it was imperative that they were signed with a date of the current date, and how could we do it. I told him the only way was for him to get me the docs that night and I would do it that night. He said he had already gone home and the docs were at the office. I told him that he needed to get back to the office and send them to me, that was the only way it was going to get done. I would not do anything illegal to save their butt.
He ended up going back to the office and sending me the docs that night.

I posted about this at the time, and other signing agents said this was not unique with Heavyweight Title, they do it all the time. One notary posted he was reporting them to the state.

I refuse to work for them.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/5/04 7:15pm
Msg #9382

I was asked to do this for them just this past weekend but I declined. He said, "Oh, okay" and then gave me another signing in the same area that was dated correctly. I have found just saying no has worked for me with them. Someone else went and did the signing I declined but I don't have to cover my butt for it.

Reply by carlosnyc on 10/6/04 11:36am
Msg #9431

Thank you for your responses Sylvia and Loretta. I'll see what happens. My signing is schduled for 3:00PM EST and it's currently 12:30PM and of course no docs yet.

Thanks again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.