Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Does Mortgage Outsource Solutions ring a bell?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2004 Index

Posted by KC/IN on 10/5/04 8:58pm
Msg #9385

Has anyone heard of Mortgage Outsource Solutions? I did a closing for them on July 16th and haven't rec'd payment.

Reply by Paul_IL on 10/5/04 9:09pm
Msg #9386

Good luck ever getting that check. I am out $ for a signing I did for them. Their fax is disconnected, phone goes to voicemail that is usuall full, they never return e-mails. Their owner Michael Shane Faulkinbury is a crook and a coward that will not return phone calls.

Reply by Liz/MD on 10/5/04 9:34pm
Msg #9389

Invite me to this party. Because I also was taken. HELLO?

Reply by HisHughness on 10/5/04 10:42pm
Msg #9391

It is unwise to the point of being foolhardy to call someone a crook in an open, public, forum reduced to writing. First and foremost, it is not criminal not to pay someone. We established that long ago, and it eliminated debtors' prisons. It becomes criminal only if you can establish that he intended, at the time he hired you, not to pay you; that's fraud. Simple impecuniousness does not constitute fraud. Even profligancy does not constitute fraud.

I would highly recommend that you cool the rhetoric, especially the name calling that has a specific pejorative and actionable meaning.

Reply by Paul_IL on 10/5/04 11:43pm
Msg #9397

Hugh,
Thanks for the advice but I seriously doubt that he will be contacting me regarding the entire situation or my choice of words. He has most likely crawled back under his rock. But I will try to pick my words more carefully in the future. Thanks for that defination of fraud but I was already aware of it.

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 10/6/04 10:13am
Msg #9422

Congratulations, Hugh

"impecuniousness" clearly sets a new indoor, olympic and world record
Sounds like something that the Republicans are going to try to ban as being too much fun.
Sound advice, though. Publishing the wrong words about someone can prove to be very expensive. There are ways to call someone a sleezeball without financial risk. As I understand it, an accurate , factual recitation is ok, so long as you don't resort to the wrong kind of namecalling, (eg: xxx is a thief) is bad unless xxx has been convicted of robbery in court. " xxx owes me money for six months and has not paid me"
is probably ok

Reply by HisHughness on 10/6/04 1:36pm
Msg #9439

Re: Congratulations, Hugh

Bob-Chicago suggested:

***As I understand it, an accurate , factual recitation is ok, so long as you don't resort to the wrong kind of namecalling, (eg: xxx is a thief) is bad unless xxx has been convicted of robbery in court. " xxx owes me money for six months and has not paid me" is probably ok***

Actually, self-protection may be even simpler than that.

We haven't yet reached the point in this country where thought control is practiced, though God knows what the situation might be four years from now if...well, never mind.

Anyway, you are entitled to your thoughts. So, as I understand the law, it is not actionable to say "I think Bob is a worthless, scumsucking bum," whereas to actually accuse -- "Bob is a worthless, scumsucking bum" -- is grounds for a libel suit.

The one exception to that rule is attorneys. You are not permitted to have any negative thoughts about lawyers, and certainly are not permitted to express such thoughts in any way. Doctors, yes; cops, yes; preachers, yes; ex-spouses, hell yes; telemarketers, be our guest; but lawyers, no way.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/6/04 10:58pm
Msg #9479

Get a life.

Reply by regan bowley on 10/6/04 2:41pm
Msg #9446

Is this the same company as Administrative Outsourcing Solutions??? If not has any one heard about this company? Thanks

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.