Other Business For Notaries--Expand
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2004 Index

Posted by ItsMe123 on 10/13/04 11:53am
Msg #9760

Hi all, How Are You?

Thought I would start a start a thread where we could post types of business we as notaries have found business. I will start first and mention mortgage closing---LOL--just kidding.
I will mention bail/bonds. With most felony bonds a larger amount is needed to "get out of jail free" and friends/relatives will secure the bail/bond with a lien on the title of real estate they own. I am curious on that end if any knows, if one uses a vehicle or other assets for the bail/bond process if those liens need to be notarized. I thus far have only encountered real estate secured bail/bonds as a notary.

Please add to this post any "other" areas of notary business you have if you care to share.

Reply by HisHughness on 10/13/04 12:30pm
Msg #9763

Yeah, well, ItzMe, you're not fooling me one bit. I can tell by that 123 who you are, even if you try to disguise it. You're really 2468WhoDoWeAppreciate. You're busted big time.

Which reminds me of the time in college I gave a new girlfriend a sweater for Xmas. She looked kind of disappointed, and finally said, "Gee, thanks, Hugh, but I'd rather have the money. I'm flat busted."

As if I couldn't tell.

Reply by calipat/ca on 10/13/04 2:01pm
Msg #9768

Hey Hugh

Hey Hugh, ever consider stand up or even your own comedy show? You are a crack up! You make my day!

Reply by HisHughness on 10/13/04 2:14pm
Msg #9773

Re: Hey Hugh

At my age, it's difficult to stand up, much less quip jokes at the same time. That's probably some sort of devine punishment for a misspent life largely devoted to trying to get women to lie down.

Reply by JoeCA on 10/13/04 10:43pm
Msg #9801

Sure glad they enjoy you as I find you to be an obnoxious pain. Get a life.

Reply by JoeCA on 10/13/04 10:43pm
Msg #9802

Sure glad they enjoy you as I find you to be an obnoxious pain. Get a life.

Reply by HisHughness on 10/13/04 11:14pm
Msg #9804

JoeCA advised:

***Sure glad they enjoy you as I find you to be an obnoxious pain. Get a life.***

Thanks for the promotion. Generally, I don't rate anything except being a pain. Well...my lovely and talented wife will usually associate the discomfort with an anatomical reference.

Reply by Stephanie/NorCal on 10/14/04 4:40pm
Msg #9840

hey hugh

Well I don't find Hugh to be a pain, he has a funny post on one of the boards (be it gmb, notrot, etc) I have been reading these boards for about a year and have only been posting for about a month or so. But I can recall Hugh and his posts for about as long as I have been reading the boards.... and all I have to say is ... KEEP IT UP HUGH!!! And don't worry about the sourpuss's on the boards!!!

Reply by Tina Marie Grimes on 10/14/04 4:53pm
Msg #9843

Re: hey hugh

I agree with Stephanie. Although these boards have provide me with a fountain of information, you can always count on Hugh to provide not only useful information but levity as well. I feel that we really do need it in this business of ours where we have to deal with SS's who don't pay, low fees, cranky borrowers, etc. Thanks again, Hugh!!

Reply by JoeCA on 10/14/04 9:19pm
Msg #9857

If you need His Pain to provide levity that is a sad testimony to your life. I deal with great borrowers, receive payment on time, and enjoy what I do so, I still find him to be an obnoxious pain and needs to get another life besides attempting to be cute and entertaining on this site.

Reply by HisHughness on 10/14/04 10:18pm
Msg #9858

JoeCA explained:

***If you need His Pain to provide levity that is a sad testimony to your life. I deal with great borrowers, receive payment on time, and enjoy what I do so, I still find him to be an obnoxious pain and needs to get another life besides attempting to be cute and entertaining on this site.***

I can't help it, Joe. I'm a graduate of the Roger Rabit School of Comedy.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/14/04 10:52pm
Msg #9859

JoeCA - why do you open up Hugh's posts if you find him to be such a PITA?

Reply by JoeCA on 10/14/04 11:49pm
Msg #9863

I have low blood pressure and in attempt to raise it I read his responses as they are better than medication.

Reply by HisHughness on 10/15/04 5:47pm
Msg #9898

JoeCA amplified:

***I have low blood pressure and in attempt to raise it I read his responses as they are better than medication.***

And I thought the problem was that you'd just been swilling waaaay too much castor oil.

Reply by Tina Marie Grimes on 10/15/04 3:25am
Msg #9867

Re: hey hugh AKA His Pain

Joe:
I also deal with great borrowers, receive payment's on time (mostly) and thoroughly enjoy what I do, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a chuckle now and then. And from the sound of your posts, you probably should try it some time. And how dare you presume to know what my life is like just because I enjoy a chuckle now and then. But if you read any of the posts, besides Hugh's, you'll see that there are quite a few notaries that aren't as fortunate as you in this business, i.e. no payments, late payments, SS's, E-Docs. You must be truly blessed. Oh, and by the way, I didn't state that I needed Hugh's levity, just that I appreciated it. I also appreciate his and others on this site who do provide invaluable information and insight. Hugh isn't the only one who post's humorously but his are so eloquently written. Just ask his wife.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/15/04 11:38am
Msg #9876

I hate to encourage him, toooooo much, but, I confess....

I am a "subscriber" of His Royal PITA Daily Posts and enjoy the heck out of it.

Folks who find him annoying should click on past him (just ask his wife Smiley ).

When I started signing, I called him out of the blue once when I needed an answer. I found him to be genuine and helpful.

We network our resources (in real time and via email) to do what we can to refer each other business.

I have come to consider him a friend who has a genuine appreciation for women. I like that in a notary man (so does his wife).

Reply by Hugh's Lovely & Talented Wife on 10/15/04 4:41pm
Msg #9895

Brenda said of HisHughness:

***I have come to consider him a friend who has a genuine appreciation for women. I like that in a notary man (so does his wife).***

Hell, Brenda, I agree with JoeCA; he's an obnoxious pain in the nether regions.

Reply by Glena/NV on 10/16/04 1:49am
Msg #9919

Re: hey hugh - I second what Sephanie said!

Keep it up!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.