Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Please don't confuse us w/others. Also, collection problem.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2004 Index

Posted by Outsourced Clerical Services - Signing Agent Services on 10/6/04 11:28pm
Msg #9482

I see in the threads that a few notaries are having problems collecting payment for services rendered to a company/companies having the word "Outsource" in the their name. Be advised that this is NOT one and the same as our company, "OUTSOURCED CLERICAL SERVICES", in Suffolk County, NY. PLEASE, never confuse us with the scoundrels.

About a year ago, an aquaintance of mine, who happens to own a signing service in CA, advised that if he doesn't receive payement for a signing he calls the client and advises that he is going to place a mechanics lien (or the equivalent) on the property that was the subject of the mortgage. According to him, in an effort to avoid having the mortgagors (property owners) become aware of this unpaid debt (thus making the mortgage company and title company look like losers), the client then scrambles to pay. As I haven't spoken with this person in a few months, I do not know if this is simply a bluff or if the law in his state allows for this type of remedy. I would hate to place a lien on an innocent party's home, in fact, I wouldn't. Nonetheless, if this is a legitimate means of obtaining payment, then I would certainly make the client aware of the potential lien filing. Of course I also would want to be compensated for the filing fees and the time incurred in doing this, but I doubt that very much.

Lastly, I have read some of the threads tonight....some good advice, some bad. Has anybody noticed that some people are really full of themselves. I cannot stand Pompus idiots who "know it all". Please forgive my spelling errors, if any. Bye for now.

Reply by Pres., Pompus Idiots of Texas on 10/7/04 12:09am
Msg #9484

Outsourced Clerical Services fired off a load of gripeshot:

***Lastly, I have read some of the threads tonight....some good advice, some bad. Has anybody noticed that some people are really full of themselves. I cannot stand Pompus idiots who "know it all". Please forgive my spelling errors, if any. Bye for now. ***

Normally, that would be "Pompous Idiots of Texas", but in deference to your innovative spelling, I have followed your lead.

How true it is that some people are really full of themselves. Unfortunately, I'm one of them, and getting fuller; I've gained 11 pounds in the past 12 months. On the positive side, though, my recent bout with pneumonia has shaved off six of those pounds.

When you speak of "know it alls," I assume you speak of PAW, who does indeed know it all and has consequently been designated a National Historic Monument. Myself, I can only plead to being a "Pompus idiot." I'll keep working on it, though.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/7/04 4:52pm
Msg #9517

I believe the threat to place a mechanics lien on the borrowers property is a bluff.
The borrower has already paid for the signing and cannot be expected to pay again!

It is not a legitimate (or ethical) way of collecting a debt.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.