Notary Rotary
Query Regarding Affidavit Business
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2004 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 10/12/04 4:52pm
Msg #9707

Not looking for business leads or company names, but would like to know how many of you are getting affidavit business through signing services.

Thanks.

Reply by Ted-MI on 10/12/04 7:02pm
Msg #9717

Brenda,

Not directly related to your question, but I did get a call today to do an affidavit next week. I meant to ask the woman where she got my name from but I forgot to, but I presume that it was either from this site or from the NNA signing agent site.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/12/04 7:59pm
Msg #9720

Most of my affidavit biz comes from A24 Hour Notary. I get a few each month and really like the folks in the office. I also like getting paid on the spot! I have done a couple of medical affs for Notary on the Run and did get paid as agreed. Hope this helps.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/12/04 11:30pm
Msg #9738

Thanks Becca_FL - Never heard about getting paid on the spot, but that sounds great!

As I have previously posted, in one recent experience I had, I was told to leave the number of pages attached to the affidavit blank. Cannot help but wonder if where signing services are involved, if this is the norm.

I got the feeling that the one I worked for had no idea that it was not possible to complete the affs in the manner specified in their order (that is, to leave blanks) as well as to take the original aff with me, mail to them and leave the medical records to be mailed by dr.

You seem to be having a good experience with affidavit notarizations and I do not want to disturb that, however, would be interested if anyone has had this situation and how they handled it. .

Anyhow, I was trying to figure out if this was happening to anyone else, and if so, was it a signing service that was insisting on it.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/13/04 1:03am
Msg #9741

Brenda,

Notary on the Run sent me the same medical affidavits that you speak of. I have only done two for them and in each case the directions said to leave the # of pages blank. On the first appointment, the Dr's employee was very short and refused to count the # of pages, so I asked her to line through the # of pages part of the document so I could notarize it. The second one we (myself & Dr's employee) counted the pages and wrote in the # of pages.

It seems that NOTR has had notaries that were unable to count. If so, this would explain the directions to "not fill in the # of pages" on the affidavit. Whenever I encounter a Co. asking me to leave blank spaces, I have the signer line through any blanks, notarize the doc and send a copy of the Florida statute stating that I can not notarize an incomplete doc.
(Thanks PAW)

I had no problem doing this with medical affidavits.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.