Notary Rotary
Who should I bill?
Notary Discussion History

Who should I bill?
Go Back to October, 2004 Index

Posted by margmtz on 10/29/04 9:50pm
Msg #10637

Who should I bill?

Hi everyone, I hope you can give me some advice...

I was contacted by a signing company yesterday to do a signing before Monday and I accepted. About an hour later I received a call from the title company that was sending me the docs for the signing company. At that time, the person I was talking to asked me if I was bilingual. I responded that I am, so she asked me if I would do a seperate signing in my area and that she would send them together. Of course I accepted.

My question is... who do I bill for the 2nd signing? My feeling is that this is directly with the title company and I should bill them.

I appreciate any imput. Thank you

Reply by td on 10/29/04 10:16pm
Msg #10639

My thoughts is that you bill the title company. Attach an invoice when you send the documents back.

Reply by carlosnyc on 10/29/04 10:17pm
Msg #10640

If the title company contacted you directly then bill the title company. I hope they are paying you more than the signing company.

Reply by td on 10/29/04 10:18pm
Msg #10641

And you'll probably get paid alot faster too!

Reply by Brenda J Khan on 10/29/04 11:07pm
Msg #10645

For the second signing I would add your invoice to the docs when you return the package to the title company. After all the title company solicited you for the signing and you accepted. I would definatly charge more for 2 reasons being it is a bilingual signing and it is a direct contact with the title company. Make sure you add some of your business card in the return package too for the title companies future use of you directly! BK-FL

Reply by Liz/MD on 10/29/04 11:13pm
Msg #10646

Call the Title Co., and ask her (hopefully you got a name) who to bill. My gut feeling is that this is a direct title invoice; don't bill the SS. This is a classic example of "no middle man", which is good. Hopefully you commanded a better fee than you would have from a SS. And you will most likely be paid sooner for the 2nd signing.

Reply by Paul_IL on 10/31/04 12:13am
Msg #10678

You would bill the Title Company directly for the closing they directly contracted you to do.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.