Notary Rotary
dam u notaries
Notary Discussion History

dam u notaries
Go Back to October, 2004 Index

Posted by The Enemy on 10/23/04 12:48pm
Msg #10328

dam u notaries

your a freaking looser, you don't even need a high school diploma to have your notary public in ca. and some of you other states out there you they might as well come as a prize in a box of cracker jacks. all you do is whine and complain as if you were a bunch of attorneys who had to go to school for 10 years to get your notary. I work for a signing service and we have attorney's that travel 50 mi for $90 and you a bunch of lowly notary's have the gull to sit around and bi**h. even at $40 per closing a good notary should spend no more then 40 min at a closing, some of our better reps can do a closing in under 10 min, so even if your add in an hour of drive time round trip that's still $40 for and hour and forty min of work, I challenge you to name another job where a person w/out a ged or high-school diploma can legally make $20 per hour.

get over your self. and if you really could do a 100 closings and never make one mistake ever then you would not need to fax in, but you just don't want to admit that even though it is a simple and repetisous process (loan closings) notary are still just as absent minded as anyone else and you do make mistakes(missed dates..missed signatures...borrowers signing not as name appears on docs..borrower signing on I wish to cancel on the rtc..incorrect vesting..)
what you don't realize is that signing services are rated w/ there lender, just like you notary's are rated w/ the signing services, but although your mistakes only affect your score the signing company score is affected by 100's of notaries ever day(both experenced and inexperienced) so one mistake may not seem like a lot to one notary, if one in fifty notaries makes a mistake, times that by 500 and that's ten mistakes a day your sending to the lender.
that wont last too long, before your score drops and your company is no longer getting closings. if you don't want to deal w/ signing company's go and market yourself directly to the lenders see how far you get. well I'm at work and I need to get back to what I'm doing, however I just want to say that I'm not trying to be mean or hateful towards notaries you are a vital component to the loan signing process, you are the backbone, that mass common worker who keeps the wheels of the machine turning, w/out you all this would not be passable, however you still have it better than most how work 9-5 for $8 per hour making $64 per day before taxes, when you can do two closings a day and make $80 per day before taxes, and if you want to direct your anger in a constructive way that can make a change and not just create a bunch of useless complain that accomplishes nothing then go after the major lender who set the industry standers for fees. its not like the signing service is making $500 per closing and just choosing to screw the notary's the prices paid are a direct result of an delicate balance of what is paid to the service, and the cost of notary's, employies,overhead,and so on and so on. the signing service has a lot of cost to cover when all the notary has to contend w/ is the rising price of gas. any business where you choose to be an independent mobile contractor, you are going to have to deal w/ the cost of gas that is your portion of overhead, and more so your choice to except by choosing your profession.

The Enemy

Reply by lat on 10/23/04 1:37pm
Msg #10329

I do not get involved with these threads to often however, in response to this one, I feel you should identify yourself. If you are writing the way you are, I say stand up and be a ( man or women), instead of a coward not identifying yourself.

Reply by The Enemy on 10/23/04 1:41pm
Msg #10330

I want to start off by saying i do not work for nations direct i just happen to be reading that chain when i posted, however i do work for a signing service, and my oppinion's are that mine and do not reflect those of the company i work for. how ever because it would be hard for people to not associate me w/ my employer i feel i need to stay unknown

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 10/23/04 2:09pm
Msg #10331

I can understand why you want to remain anonymous. You don't have a decent grasp of the English language, spelling or sentence structure, much less an understanding of business concepts, practices and economics.

Reply by Voice for the Notaries on 10/23/04 3:27pm
Msg #10335

Amen. You are right on the money.

Reply by Voice for the Notaries on 10/23/04 3:32pm
Msg #10337

I feel you should work on your writting skills before you post another thread. Period.

Reply by Signing Company- on 10/25/04 3:49pm
Msg #10475

i am really shocked about this comment , i work for a signing company , and we are on this business because of you notaries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You really don't have to send anything back to this person

Reply by Ali-IL on 10/23/04 7:51pm
Msg #10356

Hey enemy. Why are you so angry? Is it because you are making $8 an hour? Are you jealous?
For your information, I am college educated. And, even if we just go out there to get signatures it is what we are worth that we collect.

Reply by kdplane on 10/23/04 2:30pm
Msg #10332

Hmmm I bet you are a Bush supporter too!

Reply by The Enemy on 10/23/04 2:32pm
Msg #10333

no sorry cant stand Bush. deff not getting my vote(like it matters we already know he can buy the election if he wants to)

Reply by mike/ca on 10/23/04 3:37pm
Msg #10339

Who is this idiot?????

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/23/04 7:27pm
Msg #10354

Obviously not a Bush supporter - not educated enough!

Reply by suzanne-fl on 10/24/04 8:38am
Msg #10382

amen sylvia!

Reply by Voice for the Notaries on 10/23/04 3:26pm
Msg #10334

What a bitter life you seem to live. Maybe you should be the one to reconsider the line of work you are in, if you harbor such animosity towards the contractors you work with daily, you may want to strongly consider a different career path.

You mention education, needed experience etc., the problem is your post is riddled with miss-spellings, incorrect grammar usage and an overall tone that can be likened to an uneducated bitter soul. Maybe you were describing yourself in your rant.

Reply by lat on 10/23/04 3:32pm
Msg #10336

This person is very uneducated !!!!!! Without a doubt. Consider the source.

Reply by The Enemy on 10/23/04 3:37pm
Msg #10340

What you feel about me and my level of education, is mute......the simple fact remains that you are well compinsated for your services. I do not harbor hatred twords anyone, I was simply annoyed w/ the constant complaing done by the notaries. Yes everyone wants to make more money everyone wants to get paid thats the whole point, but to go to the extream and say the signing companies are "stealing from the notaries" is going too far. the fact is that notaries are better paid than the average joe.

Reply by SFX_ca on 10/24/04 2:56am
Msg #10377

I think what this guy didn't consider was that mobile notaries do not have steady work. In fact, another job that pays quite well but can be fickle, is music teaching. My husband is a very talented woodwind player and a fabulous private teacher, however students/parents of students will sometimes not pay when they're supposed to, flake out on their lesson at the last minute(again, wasting histime and sometimes resulting in lost pay), constantly be rescheduling lessons at the last minute, or cancelling during the holiday season/summer vacation or simply deciding to stop lessons altogether. He teaches on the weekends to suppliment our income. Without it, we would have trouble with even basic things, like buying food or paying bills.

With mobile notaries, they deal with many similar things...cancelled signings, undisclosed 'extra' documents needing to be signed, companies who take FOREVER and a day to pay, etc. And not all the time is the work steady. Sometimes a notary may do 10 signings a week, sometimes 3 in two weeks.

And as someone living in CA, I think with how scarce jobs are and how CRAPPY the pay is for a lot of jobs, and how much BS companies put their employees through...it is not unreasonable for mobile notaries to set standards and prices to suit them, because it is directly related to how they support themselves and their families.

-SFX_ca

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 10/23/04 3:35pm
Msg #10338

Get a Life!

You are stereotyping. There are many notary signing agents who have been in the business world for many years, have college degrees, have retired, and are making extra money during their retirement years; or 'moms" who have degrees but find that being there for their children is a higher priorty right now, and they are trying to help with the family income. It appears from your outrage, grammar, spelling, lack of business sense, etc. that you need to "get a life" and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Reply by The Enemy on 10/23/04 3:45pm
Msg #10341

Re: Get a Life!

There are many well educated notries out there, I never claimed there wern't. I stated that an education is not required to become a notary. However you maid my point, that simple fact is your part-time job pays more than most peoples full time job...yet your still not happy. everything is linked yes I wish the lenders paid the singing co.. more money, and they could in turn pay the notary's more money... and I am a notary I have no problem w/ more money, however to feel like the singing companies are hording all the money, is unfair. I feel the signing companies just in the prices they pay me..you as a notary have the right to go work for a direct lender or a title company, and receive a higher fee, don't work for signing companies if you feel you are better than that, but don't just sit around and complain, the lender is the one making all the money, if they would pay more w/out rising the cost to the borrower that would be ideal, but posting about how the signing companies are the pirates of this industry does not accomplish anything

Reply by Jon on 10/23/04 6:30pm
Msg #10347

I'm sorry, but I have a friend who re-fi'd and the signing company paid the notary $40 dollars but they were recieving $175 for the deal. If you are STUPID enough to think that the overhead for a SS is $135 per signing, I don't know what to say. I also worked for a SS and the overhead was no where near that much. The owner of the SS is personally making 10,000 month or more, in addition to what is kept in the business account after paying the overhead. If you want to work for $40 go ahead, but don't come on here with your 2nd grade spelling and grammar and tell us we should be happy with that type of pay or that anyone can do our job. BTW, if you are a notary, then you are right, education is definately not needed. Although I doubt you are able to properly complete signing, based on what you've posted here.

Reply by Jake, Ca on 10/23/04 9:36pm
Msg #10360

That is why I have not and do not work with ANY signing companies. I work directly with the lenders. By the way, did you ever finish high school?

Reply by Tess/ME on 10/23/04 4:06pm
Msg #10342

Hey....who peed in your cheerios this morning???

Reply by calipat/ca on 10/23/04 5:14pm
Msg #10344

Hey "The Enemy"

Hey "The Enemy" I think a friend of mine that teaches in an elementary school would appreciate it if I were to print out your posts. Her students would have a field day correcting all the usage of grammer, spelling, etc. Then of course she would have to tell them this is what was written by an adult who did not listen or do his work in his english class. They would love knowing they could correct someting written by an adult.

So who did PISS in your WHEATIES????

Reply by lat on 10/23/04 5:52pm
Msg #10345

Re: Hey "The Enemy"

Enemy, doesn't even know that a GED & High School diploma is the same thing.

Reply by Ms. E on 10/23/04 6:04pm
Msg #10346

Well, I must say, this was my first time reading the emails on this web page, and I found it to be quite interesting. I see everyone has their own opinions but I need help? I have my first notary next week and I am very nervous. I have read books, documents too make sure no mistakes are made. However, I noticed in one email that the cancel sheet should not be signed. In my opening speech, I plan to mention to the clients that they may cancel within 3 business days, this sheet should not be signed? I counted all signature and notary pages but I do not see any pages for them to initial. If anyone could give me any pointers I would greatly appreciate it.

(Please do not critique my grammer, I am typing fast).

Reply by Ms. E on 10/23/04 7:05pm
Msg #10351

Help

I'm still waiting for some help!! Anything would be great. I do not want to mess up my first signing. Also, I rcvd the edocs but no instructions of what to do with them after the notary. When will they send that info?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/23/04 7:26pm
Msg #10353

Re: Help

On the Right to Cancel you will see two signature places. One says
I Wish To Cancel - do not let them sign this.
The other says they are receiving two copies of the Right To Cancel, they sign that place.

As for sending the docs back, they should have given you instructions along with a Fedex or UPS account number.

If you need further help, click on my name for a link to my information and contact me. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Reply by Michigan Notary on 10/23/04 10:41pm
Msg #10365

I would call and let them know that you haven't received any directions. They might have just accidentally left them out. Also, the Right to Cancel does generally have two areas for signing. The area the borrowers generally have to sign is the area set up as an acknowledgment of reading/receiving a copy and is usually at the end of the document. The other area is actually for canceling and it generally has I wish to cancel near it or something along that line. A lot of mortgage companies also give a page prior to the Right to Cancel which explains what is where. This will help if it is enclosed.

Another thing to make sure of is that of the notary sections. Make sure you notarize according to your state's guidelines. If you are unsure what they are or didn't receive any direction when you became a notary, go to your state's website and do a search for notaries and this should help. Again, good luck and I am sure you will do well.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/24/04 10:07am
Msg #10385

"I'm still waiting for some help!!"

Ms. E -- you only posted an hour ago!

Reply by JJRUNDALL on 11/5/04 7:10pm
Msg #10962

MS. E YOU MAY CONTACT ME..i WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP. HOPE IT IS NOT TOO LATE. :( YOU MAY FIND MY CONTACT INFO AT WWW.AZMOBILENOTARYSIGNER.COM OR ON MY INFO PAGE HER ON NOTARY ROTARY IN ARIZONA
UNDER JENNIFER RUNDALL IN THE PREMIERE LISTINGS.

Reply by Michigan Notary on 10/23/04 10:31pm
Msg #10364

Just remember that the mortgage and/or title company usually will give you instructions on what to do. Make sure to read these thoroughly. Also, make sure you have after hour phone numbers for questions, if the closing is taking place then. For all questions, make sure not to guess, but rather get answers directly from your contacts. It is best to hear it from them and then there are less mistakes. Also, each lender is different, so each time may be different. That is why it is very important to follow the directions you are given. The Right to Cancel is generally signed, and sometimes initial in certain areas. Pay close attention to areas designated for signatures and/or initials. These are generally what get missed. Also, always double check your work once the signing is done. Even though I have done many signings, I am not perfect and therefore, need to double check my work. I have found that this practice eliminates many mistakes and also the need to revisit with the borrowers to correct the mistake. Hopefully this helps. Good luck.

Reply by Jon on 10/23/04 6:33pm
Msg #10348

Based on the intelligence displayed in his posts, he probably got the cereal bowl confused with toilet and did it himself.

Reply by The Enemy on 10/23/04 9:18pm
Msg #10358

finaly an entertaining thread.........

Reply by Michigan Notary on 10/23/04 10:16pm
Msg #10362

Gee, let me see what I am clearly reading here. It appears you are a bitter employee of a signing service who makes minimal money and choose to give others crap for choosing a better career than you. WOW, how grown up is that? Go back to school and do something other than criticize others for what they choose to do. Also, if being a notary is so easy, then get off your a*s and do it rather than bi**ching about those who have and are doing it. On another note, I am a notary and unlike you, I have a bachelor’s degree, work full time, and also do notary signings. By the way, I am not sure where you are finding the attorneys for $90 per signing, but I work for attorneys on a daily basis as I am a Paralegal as well, and there is no way in this world they would perform a closing for less than $150 per signing, if not more. Actually, we handle million dollar closings on a daily basis and they charge their hourly fee of $240, which is a heck of a lot more than even what your company gets for the closing. On another note, I have also had an attorney perform my refinance and his fee was not less than $150. In addition, I have also contracted signings out and know what title companies, etc. are willing to pay and since I also perform signings for signing companies, I also know what they are willing to pay and the average title company will pay $150 to $300 per signing, unlike most signing companies who pay $40 to $60. So, who is making the money here? We do all of the work and the signing company reaps all of the profit. So, until you know what you are talking about and get a proper education (along with paying the expenses for it) I advise you to keep your opinions to yourself, you ungrateful little sh*t. If it wasn't for us, you wouldn't even have your $8 an hour job!!

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/23/04 10:30pm
Msg #10363

Re: dam u notaries...this guy makes me sick

I just have to say that you may not have to be educated to be a notary but luckily in Maryland, uneducated or educated notaries are not the only thing that will get you a signing here. You must have a title producers license, pay for continued education and carry a bond. I am thankful that this law was enforced. This gave us the ability to jack our prices up in January of this year. I have only walked out of my door one time this year for $75. The rest of my signings are $125-$175 each. I am just as responsible for the HUD than the lender or title company is and I will be paid accordingly. I did more than 40 closings last month. Get off of your pitty party you bitter employee and get a life. Most signing companies are getting around $175 per closing and trying to throw me the scraps. I just bypass those piss ants and go directly to the title company.

Reply by Michigan Notary on 10/23/04 10:45pm
Msg #10366

Re: dam u notaries...this guy makes me sick

I completely agree with you. However, not all siging companies are that bad. There are a few select signing companies I enjoy working for. However, most I do also prefer dealing directly with title companies.

Reply by Paul_IL on 10/24/04 12:39am
Msg #10375

This from the $8 dollar an hour customer service rep who sits at the computer all day calling multiple notaries to find the one that will do it for the lowest dollar. Since you choose to get that hourly paycheck and have never taken the risk to be your own boss you have no right to complain about anyone. It is obvious by your total lack of understanding of the expenses involved on our end that you should stick to calling others for your boss. Lets see fax backs and wanting to pay $40 guess that narrows the list of loser signing suspects. What a coward you are, not even enough guts to post a name.

Reply by Curious George on 10/24/04 12:34pm
Msg #10394

You are clueless, and too afraid to post who you are or who you represent, apparently you represent on of those shady companies, that no one in there right mind should work for. The thing that makes me angry is that I waist my time even writing to idiots like you, that don't have a clue.

Oh Yeah , and have a nice day!

Anthony
~Oregon

Reply by Dotti_CA on 10/24/04 3:49pm
Msg #10403

It's been a long time since I've heard such bitter ravings. One point you neglected is this: as a notary working for a SS I don't get paid until "some" SS's get around to it. I received a check yesterday for a signing in did in June. Fortunately, I'm retired and do this work to supplement my income but many notaries do this full time. When I accept a signing I put all of my experience, professionalism and education to work and complete the signing per the request. I expect the SS to compensate me fairly for what I do and I expect them to do so within the agreed terms. Right now, about 25% of the SS's I do business with are past due to the tune of about $800 and you know as well as I that they've already been paid!

By the way, the experience, professionalism and education I mentioned.....College degree, Sr. Procurement Officer w/Fortune 500 employer, multi-million $ contract negotiations, and a few years as a notary. I do this because I enjoy it and feel I'm providing a worthwhile service and I really do take exception to the language you've used in your postings.

Reply by ohio/notary on 10/24/04 7:58pm
Msg #10416

I am sorry you feel so bad about this but I have a 4 year degree but still I don't have a job so I do the signing for extra money. I don't care how upset you are you still got to keep in mind that people need extra help to make end meet . And try to keep on going with what you got to do and try to stay happy some how,stay strong

Reply by Glena/NV on 10/25/04 8:41am
Msg #10444

These damn notaries are the bloodline of your business!

I am not surprised why you would get notaries that make too many mistakes...you are getting inexperienced notaries for $40 and for $40 that is all you can afford! Do not think that all notaries do not have a college education...I have a 4-year degree in college. Maybe you are saying that because you have a high school level education and still need to pass your English subject to graduate, huh?

Are you annoyed because every time you call you get a notary who does not accept $40? Raise you price and shut up! There are thousands of companies who are willing the pay right price. Do not expect to get first class notaries to work for you for that price.

Your choice of words say very much about you. You think very little of notaries, yet you acknowledge that they are vital to your business operation. It is just like you are execting a machine to keep running for you yet you do not oil it. Sooner or later that machine will stop running due to rust and you will spend a lot more money to try to make it run again. It would have been better if you spent the extra money to oil it. The same is true for this business, when you run out of notaries working for $40 fee, your business will cease and you will have to double your marketing effort to get your business going again and maybe, maybe not, someone will work for you again.

The problem with your company is that, you charge the lenders too little and expect us notaries to absorb your loses.

You post "Dam (water dam) notaries", but really meant "damn" right? You say that you are not being mean or hateful? Get a life! And you call notaries loosers? I think the looser here is you...keep it up and you will see how much profit you will see, not to mention youR poor grammar and lousy posting....LOOSER!

Reply by Joan-OH on 10/25/04 10:19am
Msg #10448

Glena, You've said it beautifully when you said.....!

"You think very little of notaries, yet you acknowledge that they are vital to your business operation. It is just like you are execting a machine to keep running for you yet you do not oil it. Sooner or later that machine will stop running due to rust and you will spend a lot more money to try to make it run again. It would have been better if you spent the extra money to oil it. The same is true for this business, when you run out of notaries working for $40 fee, your business will cease and you will have to double your marketing effort to get your business going again and maybe, maybe not, someone will work for you again."

Reminds me that my car is due for it's oil change. Can't really do this work without a car, can I?

Joan-OH

Reply by Joanne_SL on 10/25/04 5:28pm
Msg #10482

Re: These damn notaries are the bloodline of your business!

First of all, if your signings are taking 10 minutes, I would like to know just how thoroughly your notaries are handling the signing. Secondly, I, too, have a college degree. Lastly, I cannot believe that you would rant and rave about having quality notaries performing quality work and would, in fact, prefer to have unqualified and uneducated notaries perform in an unprofessional manner. As the old addage goes, you get what you pay for ... do you drive a Yugo? Perhaps you should rethink the line of work that you are in as you are obviously resentful and unhappy about your job and the persons with whom you are working.

Reply by PT NY Notary w/ BA in Business on 10/25/04 2:09pm
Msg #10465

Did you mean

Damn You Notaries?

Email shorthand is one thing, but give me a break!

BTW, the correct spelling is compensated, and "I" is always capitalized when referring to one's self. (just a couple of errors I noticed while skimming your post).

May I suggest one website:

http://www.dictionary.com

Need I say more?

Reply by LilBratyOne on 1/29/05 12:06am
Msg #18703

"The Enemy" should know just how "professional" they are. Your comments are very strong even though they don't make sense. Perhaps you should take a moment and investigate the details of TRUE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! It is exactlly employee's like you that make a company roll downhill. I can't even imagine the phone calls you make to notaries after reading your comments. I think EVERYONE would agree with a simple FACT; GROW UP!!

You should never have thought twice about typing everything you did. It is clear to me that you are a person with NO RESPECT FOR HARD WORKERS. Oh and just for the records, I am NOT a notary. I AM in the same position as yourself. How is the signing service you work for doing?? You cleary are not proud of them due to the proof you provided. There is NEVER a day of work that would EVER make me want to disrespect so many hard working people. Perhaps you would have taken a second to stop typing a think about the following FACTS when dealing with notaries in ANY/ALL states. WITHOUT notaries, you WOULDN'T have your current source of income!!! Did you ever think about what a notary goes through for "us" a signing service?? Obviously not! I work for a signing service and you put me to shame! Let me tell you something a little stronger then you can handle: I personally know notaries in every state that have done SO much for me. Could you imagine why? BECAUSE I RESPECT THEM!!
Notaries are NOT born with the license but they choose everyday to continue dealing with idiots like yourself!! Although they have a family at home who rarely sees them the first few weeks of the month and almost never sees them towards the end of the month, they continue to do what they do. Have you been educated with the finacial status of your employer? Think about it for a second.. time up because here comes a reality check. *You become a notary and signings ARE your only paycheck.. Would YOU take half the shit that they take? Drive back and forth, without travel pay, to print another set of docs per Lender's instructions? Listen to a loan officer SCREAM at YOU when the borrowers refuse to sign even though it was their loan? Take a basic signing for a petty $50 or E-doc signing for $75? Maintain cool headed while borrower's insist on reading ever little thing, which could turn into a 2 hour signing and cause delays with your schedule? Signing delays that are going to involve getting a call from the lender & signing service asking what the hell is going on. How would you like to kick off your shoes after putting in a 10 hour day then put them back on because you recieve a call to complete emergency signing.
(YES, MANY TIMES I HAVE HAD NOTARIES DO EVERYTHING TO GET IT DONE. I DO KNOW WHAT THEY DEAL WITH)
I really could go on and on but you would never truely understand how it is to dedicate yourself for a company 200%. You only know how to work you shift and leave, if even that.

Please remind yourself how much you are paid hourly before reading the statement below!!
because....
I'm going to make you feel really stupid right now with my final point; to make it easy for you to understand, Example: IN ONLY ONE MONTH!! Your company completed 950 signings that were all e-docs. You charge for e-docs approx. $200 a signing but you pay the petty $75 to the notary. Do you realize that even after payments are made to the notaries, IN ONE MONTH your company has just put $118,750 into their pocket??? What are you putting in your pocket because I KNOW the company has cash AND those notaries whom (as you stated) "bitch or cry about everything" all together IN ONE month just took $75,250 from you.... HAA and you thought you had a point by starting this subject. Do yourself a favor and RESPECT the connections that make your life happen because you never know if those connections will be your next employer!
(ps. i don't care if i have typos because my point is clearly provide in HONOR for the kick ass notaries who have gone above and beyond for a voice without a face)

Reply by lilbratyone on 1/29/05 12:12am
Msg #18704

Please learn how to spell before you try insulting a notary or attorney!

Reply by Joan_NJ on 7/14/05 8:05pm
Msg #52263

Forget the English,or lack thereof, I know my math skills are not what they should be but I do use a calculator. Go Figure!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.