Notary Rotary
fees
Notary Discussion History

fees
Go Back to October, 2004 Index

Posted by Orcadorx on 10/22/04 1:40am
Msg #10278

fees

I often hear notaries threattening with going to Small Claims Court if they are not paid for there services.
I have never seen an answer how they got along with it.
Was the bill finally paid?
Were the costs involved also paid?
I'd really like to hear about this.
Thanks in advance for any answer.

And have a great day

Johan

Reply by Darlene Olson on 10/22/04 11:18am
Msg #10292

At this point I've only had to tell 3 companines that if they did pay me by a certain date that I would take them to small claims court and behold I was paid. I do not like to use the word threaten in this context as this is used only as a last resort after many attempts to receive the money for services rendered.

I may be filing paperwork on Monday if I do not receive my money tomorrower from a certain company and I will be more than happy to keep you abreast of the cost and results if you are willing to provide an email address where I may be able to contact you.

Reply by Michigan Notary on 10/23/04 10:52pm
Msg #10367

Small Claims fees, etc. are according to your state's guidelines. I know if Michigan you get to add the fees paid to the Court. However, it is not always that simple to collect once you obtain a Judgment. Also, the jurisdiction can also be tricky if it is an out of state signing company. I would look into a collection agency and/or reporting the outstanding balance to the 3 major credit bureaus. If it threatens to hurt their credit ratings, the company may be finally willing to pay. Also, check to see if the company is actually in fact a company and not a person d/b/a a company. I pick and choose my companies and therefore, have only had one company that took five months to pay. I constantly called, sent letters, etc. and finally they paid. I hope this helps.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.