Notary Rotary
new to business
Notary Discussion History

new to business
Go Back to October, 2004 Index

Posted by sarah on 10/12/04 2:41pm
Msg #9700

new to business

I am new to the signing agent business. I am aware of how to perform the refinances but that is the extent of my training. What other training manuals or programs would you suggest?

Reply by Dawn/Ohio on 10/12/04 4:28pm
Msg #9706

Try looking on www.50statenotary.com there is great stuff there to help you out .

Reply by Barbara on 10/12/04 8:05pm
Msg #9722

The National Notary Association has a Signing Agent Certification course that would be highly recommend that you look into.

However, if you are already familiar with refinance loan documents (if that's what you mean by "you know how to perform a refinance") then there is no difference in signing up sale loan documents. Documents are documents.

Reply by HisHughness on 10/12/04 10:36pm
Msg #9734

Before you spend your money on the NNA signing agent course, I would recommend in the strongest possible terms that you go to the very first post in this forum and read through to the last post. You will find two things of immense interest in that that exercise:

1) Instruction that is superior to virtually any signing agent course that is available, from working signing agents who have been tossed into every situation; and

2) Some really strong negative views on both the NNA and the signing agent course. You will find much the same views voiced on GoMobileNotary.com if you go to the message archives there. You may well elect to take the course still, but you will do so with far clearer vision. Incidentally, I took the NNA course. I wish someone had given me the advice I just gave you before I did so.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.