Notary Rotary
123notary.com
Notary Discussion History

123notary.com
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by SL/CA on 9/2/04 4:06pm
Msg #7220

123notary.com

How do they determine if you qualify for the $39 a year membership or the $70 a year membership? I live outside of los angeles and it would be the first time signing up with them, but i'm not sure if it is worth $70. What are the opions of you guys out there?
thanks

Reply by carlosnyc on 9/2/04 5:30pm
Msg #7227

According to them a $39.00 membership is for people who live in areas where there are 12 or fewer notaries. I live in New York City and I know there must be 12,000 or more notaries here, so that definately knocks me out of the hunt. I with you SL/CA, I don't know if a $70.00 a year membership is worth it. I would love to hear from those of you who are members of 123notary.com. You get plenty of work????

Reply by Roger/OH on 9/2/04 6:10pm
Msg #7230

Although I do like the Notary Rotary, American Notary Network, NNA, and GMN sites, I've received more signing work from 123 than any other site; also comes in handy for receiving lots of general notary work in the area. Have made my membership fee back many times over, and recommend the site highly.

Reply by Brenda J Khan on 9/2/04 9:51pm
Msg #7249

I invested in 123.Notary and have had several calls from clients using that source. To me it has been a good investment. I am a newbie of 3 weeks now. Make your best judgement call. BK-FL

Reply by SL/CA on 9/2/04 10:22pm
Msg #7255

those of you that signed up, was your membership $70.00?

Reply by Brenda J Khan on 9/2/04 10:56pm
Msg #7260

not mine. BK-FL

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/2/04 11:26pm
Msg #7267

I had to pay $70. I signed up 2 months ago and haven't gotten one call from that listing. I'm in the LA area. I figure it only takes 1 or 2 jobs over the course of a year to get my money back, but it hasn't been nearly as successful for me as it has been for others in here.

Reply by Andy_WA on 9/3/04 4:34am
Msg #7280

I'm 2 months and a week into this business, I listed here , 123notary, GMN, and with some SSes. I have to say NotaryRotary is the best b/c it accounted for 80% of my 28 signings and more to come (my profile was viewed 3x today). I have been found on 123notary twice just to do regular notary public work.

I figured it all depends on how well each site submit their info to the search engine, what type of company (SS/lender/title/escrow) they market to, and how organized is the site.

Reply by JYHoward on 9/3/04 9:18am
Msg #7287

Since I was newly commissioned and feeling my way this past May, I went for the free listing with 123Notary.com. Received 5 assignments the first week. I get plenty of general notary work from this listing as well. Now there are plenty of notaries in my area but because they list themselves as mobile and they are not mobile, I've been getting a lot of work thrown in my direction. I opted for the free listing with NotaryRotary and I've gotten 1 general notary inquiry. I gather that if you are going to pay a membership fee, 123Notary.com would be money well spent.

Reply by Elizabeth_CA on 9/3/04 10:48am
Msg #7301

JYHoward - what type of general notary work did you perform?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.