Notary Rotary
ASN training
Notary Discussion History

ASN training
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Janice Berry on 9/11/04 12:18pm
Msg #7730

ASN training

Hello, I just went through the ASN Notary lessons and have printed out my certificate.
I am amazed at the lack of guidlines and information in my state of Oklahoma, compared to the standards required by states like California and Texas. I have a new list to call our SOS about to see what Oklahoma regulations are. So many things aren't covered.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 9/11/04 6:19pm
Msg #7747

Questions to Notary commissioning office ...

The majority of states have no education or training required for Notaries Public, public officials commissioned by the State to serve the public.

Bear in mind that your governing office can only answer questions about a Notary's rule as a public official ... not questions regarding signing agent functions, mobile, medical health care directives, wills, or real estate documents.

Questions regarding identification according to your State laws, journal requirements, State-mandated bond coverage, or any part of the Notarization Block are within the realm of what a staff member or staff attorney can answer.

A Notary Public's role is Very Limited - Impartial Public Official, whose fees are set by State law, to Identify the Signers of a document and take their acknowledgment or sworn statement as to the truth of the contents of a document and to fill in a pre-prepared notarization block according to the laws of the state in which the document is being notarized.

Reply by nah_AR on 9/11/04 8:07pm
Msg #7757

Janice where are you located in OK?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/11/04 8:59pm
Msg #7763

Janice
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger - many states do not have adequate notary guidelines. Oklahoma has an online notary section - but it is skimpy!

Reply by Janice Berry on 9/12/04 12:24am
Msg #7783

I am located 17 miles west of Ardmore OK. a very rural area, but Ardmore is growing and I'd like to be in a position to have a signing service in this area. I'm taking it slow, reading the boards, taking notes, surfing related sites,and getting "certified." I've talked to one title company here and they seem tight lipped and unwilling to help me with anything. Any advice is welcome!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/12/04 7:29am
Msg #7788

Janice
Local title companies usually have their own inhouse notaries.

Click on my link and e-mail meSmiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.