Notary Rotary
ATM
Notary Discussion History

ATM
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by NY on 9/13/04 8:46pm
Msg #7869

ATM

recieved a call from ATM the other day stating they wanted to know if I was interested in doing some work for them in my area. they said they would email me some paper work to fill out. Well I recieved the paperwork and am disgusted to see that they only pay 45.00 a signing. I think this is disgusting and felt insulted. I am very new at this but I know I am worth more. i have done a few 50.00 signings but I have also done a few for 75.00. I will not be doing any for 45.00 even if I get no signings for a week.
Has anyone else been offered so little by them or other companies. I have noticed that there are not many peole in my area when I look it up in directories so doesn't that mean that I could get paid more.
Since I am new should I be taking these ridiculous fees?

Reply by Andy_WA on 9/13/04 9:40pm
Msg #7874

I too am new at this and I know my area is not saturated. I'm not walking out the door for anything less than $75 and its been this way since day one. Just hope everyone stick to their gun and hold our standard high, the way it should be.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 9/13/04 10:19pm
Msg #7877

Get use to companies like that. I stopped doing signings for ATM and Service Link about a year ago. Someone else in my area can have those scraps. They even wanted me to fax docs back before I overnighted them. American Title called me for a closing and she offered me $65 (like that was going to make me jump) and that included email docs. (You have to be joking). After I declined the closing, a national signing company called me to ask me to do the same closing that American Title called about and I quoted them $125 and they paid it. They couldn't find anyone themselves, so that had to send it to a national signing company to try their luck.

Let's face it, the more people that say "NO" to the $50 signings, the better off we all will be.

Reply by Curious George on 9/14/04 4:55am
Msg #7882

I agree completely.....I never accept signings that are under my norm. It bothers me when I hear other signing agents in my area are accepting for such a low fee.

~Anthony
Oregon

Reply by Brenda J Khan on 9/14/04 7:59am
Msg #7885

I too am new and have to agree with you $45 for anything is ridiculous! I did one signing last month which I classified as a mini signing since it was only 14 pages long for $50, it was a credit increase for a HELOC located within my 25 mile home range, so I did it. Other than that I usually don't walk out my door for less than $75! I am sticking to my minimum rates and it seems to be paying off for me and I am in a saturated area. Good Luck! BK-FL

Reply by Elizabeth_CA on 9/14/04 1:05pm
Msg #7915

This is the first month that I'm denying anything less than $75. Hope everyone does it too so we can raise the standard rate. We are worth it.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 9/14/04 9:51pm
Msg #7967

Congratulations Elizabeth. I truly believe that anyone that does a closing for less than $75 (unless it is in your neighborhood and a credit line increase) is hurting us all.
I am doing a signing tomorrow, just a quit claim deed, no deed of trust and it is 5 pages, the title company is paying me $125.
Hang in there, things are looking up and most notaries are sick of the $50 signing companies.

Reply by Allison/Mich on 9/15/04 10:33am
Msg #7986

Yes, the $50.00 signings are a joke. I think new peole (2 or 3 months doing signings) can afford to get the experience but after that nothing below 75.00..... increase, re-fi or equity. These signing companies and some title companies know that our business (notary signing agents) is growing and people are getting in.

We as notary signing agents have to put a stop to the low paying assignments. Let's stick together and not let them use or take advantage of us.
peace
allison

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.