Notary Rotary
Ameriquest
Notary Discussion History

Ameriquest
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 9/22/04 12:29pm
Msg #8634

Ameriquest

Please, can anyone tell me how i would go about contacting them to do closings in NYC??? I have tried on numerous occasions-main #,various branches who tell me i first have to go tru main branch in CA;whenever i call CA, i get lots of run around.HELP!!!

Reply by Jan Kohake on 9/22/04 4:04pm
Msg #8644

You'll also get the run-around with trying to get paid; I've had it with Ameriquest. Sorry!

Reply by Pattijay on 9/23/04 10:34am
Msg #8668

They suck!! I have heard nothing good about any of them anywhere in the country. I did one last night through a signing company, they called themselves Bedford Home loans DBA as Ameriquest. Of course the docs were a mess and the closing took the usual 2 hours cause you had to keep calling the title company to get okays on changes. It's not worth it. I had a slot open and took a signing companies job not knowing it was Ameriquest. File it as charity work cause I won't get paid.

Reply by Jan Kohake on 9/23/04 10:39am
Msg #8671

I've not had a problem getting paid through the signing company if it's for Ameriquest, it's when I deal directly with Ameriquest that I have the problem.

Reply by Lois_MO on 9/23/04 11:46am
Msg #8673

I have heard that Signing Companies get paid more than $200 for Ameriquest and the person who told me this said not to go for less than $100. And always call the borrower with terms of loan so that if it isn't what is expected then the loan officer can sell the loan on their time not ours.

Reply by Liz/MD on 9/23/04 10:23pm
Msg #8759

I have done a lot of Ameriquest signings..all via a SS. Always been paid. I have never been contacted directly from AQ to do a signing. I used to think all AQ Mtgs refi's were sub prime loans but recently I have done a few with great rates, no pre-payment penalties and even low closing costs. But they all seem to be huge packages and I hate the identity form that the borrowers need to complete, last ten year jobs, addresses...I present this 1st.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/24/04 6:23am
Msg #8791

I got called at 9:30 last night by Mark at Universal Document Express. I have never worked for them before. First he asked me if he got me out of bed! I told him no, it was only 9:30. Then he asked if I could do a signing for him in Palm Bay (my home city) with edocs. I said I could. I asked him how they paid, as I had never worked for them before. He said I had worked for them but it was overnight. (I checked my records and I have never worked for them before), he said they pay like clockwork on the 15th of the month. So, I said OK I would do the signing. When was the signing for? He said "Tonight". I told him I couldn't do it then as it was too late, by the time I got edocs and printed them and borrowers copies etc it would be well after 10pm and I probably wouldn't get to the borrowers before 11pm. He said that was fine, borrowers knew it was going to be late. The notary that was supposed to do the signing earlier in the evening couldn't download the docs. I asked my husband if he would be willing to drive me (I have some medical problems and don't do too much driving any more, my husband usually drives me to appointments now). So, my husband said he would.
Mark said if I did it he would pay me $150. Then when we agreed to do it, he said I would have the docs soon and it was an Ameriquest!!! (had he said that upfront I would not have agreed to do it). He sent me the confirmation which did not list the fee! Instructions said to call the LO before contacting borrowers. Called LO. Docs were being sent and I needed SecureSendIt! Never used that before, and that is probably why the other notary couldn't download the docs. I said I had heard there were problems with that method, but I would see what I could do. Managed to register with SecureSendIt and had to install Java - which I already had Java on my computer, but I had to install the one they had to download the docs.

Got to borrowers about 11pm, and managed to get the signing done and docs notarized by 12:30am - I did the notarized docs first to make sure they were done before midnight.
Borrower was tired, he had been up since 5:30am!

I used to do a lot of work for a SS that only did AQ and they got paid $250, and paid the signing agents $150, but they have had major problems lately getting paid by AQ.

Reply by Liz/MD on 9/24/04 8:00pm
Msg #8855

See , if I said what you just said I would have been slammed. Big Time. But what the hell.
I am getting so much work that I don't even answer my cell phone. I work 180 days during the year. So what is my job?

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/25/04 1:24am
Msg #8869

FWIW, I do a lot of work for Universal and they are awesome. They do pay like clockwork and even though the fee isn't on the confirmation they've never gotten it wrong when they pay me. You don't have anything to worry about.

Last night I was supposed to do an Ameriquest signing through Universal. They had sent me the confirmation the day before, I couldn't get a hold of the borrower to confirm. Of course the Ameriquest edocs weren't sent very early and I had to come home from another signing to print them. I tried the borrower again to let her know I was running late, finally got a hold of her only to find out that she didn't know about the appointment and that she had decided to go with a different lender. Fine, no problem, I was only too happy to get to stay home.

I had the Ameriquest loan rep's cell number and called him to tell him. He told me that he wanted me to go to the appointment anyway because he wanted her to "see their docs" before she made a decision. I told him that I was not going to drive all the way to her house (approx. 30 miles) when she had just told me not to come, but if they wanted to call her and try to talk her into it I'd go if she changed her mind. He pulled the "we're paying you to do a job and I expect you to do it" thing on me. I told him that #1, it wasn't my job to try to sell the borrower on their loan, and #2, I hadn't left for the appointment yet and didn't expect to be paid anyway. He said he guaranteed I'd get the full fee whether or not they signed, I told him no.

He then got snippy as hell with me and told me that he was going to let Universal know that I wasn't doing what they were paying me to do and that they shouldn't use me anymore. I told him that was fine, as I'd be contacting Universal myself and letting them know exactly what happened with him, goodnight, and hung up.

Within 5 minutes I got a call from Mark at Universal. The Ameriquest guy had called and spoke to Merideth at Universal, and she told Mark to call me right away. To apologize to me because the Ameriquest guy was "such an ass" to me (and I'm guessing to her as well). He basically told me to chalk it up to end of the month stress on their end and that they didn't think I did anything wrong at all.

Needless to say, I was very impressed.

Reply by Sharon-FL on 9/24/04 10:07am
Msg #8800

I too have not been paid by Ameriquest ($100). It's been over a year. I've called, faxed and written letters - no response.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.