Notary Rotary
Are you serious?
Notary Discussion History

Are you serious?
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Oldbie_CA on 9/20/04 6:50pm
Msg #8463

Are you serious?

I received a call from this title co. asking for my services and when she asked me what my base fee was I quoted $125. She said, "I'm sorry, I'm going to have to find a notary who will accept less. We are only authorized to pay $60." I asked her if she was a title co. or signing service because maybe I heard her incorrectly when she introduced herself. She said they were a title co. I was just floored to see that they were only offering $60 for a signing 50 miles roundtrip.

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 9/20/04 7:48pm
Msg #8468

Seems alot of companies in the past month are starting to low ball there fees. We lost an in town signing because it was more then there approved rate. I hope most people stick to there rates.

We also notice a above average cancelation rate this month. We must of lost 500 dollars worth of income due to cancelations so far this month.

Reply by Jan Kohake on 9/21/04 9:38am
Msg #8493

In August I seemed to have an overabundance of cancellations; luckily, those slots became filled with other signings. This month has just been slow all together. I'm in CA so this is pretty unusual. Now I guess "I'll have" to clean up my office.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.