Notary Rotary
Bilingual Services
Notary Discussion History

Bilingual Services
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Margarita Martinez on 9/23/04 5:58pm
Msg #8723

Bilingual Services

Hello! I had a signing last night that was for a HELOC (in my experience.. these usually go very quickly and are fairly easy) but last night it was over 2 hours :< This was becuase the borrowers did not know how to speak or read English and wanted me to translate every page to them. Does anyone charge an additional fee for this? Does anyone know why these forms are not provided in other languages??? Just curious... Thank you

Reply by HisHughness on 9/23/04 7:42pm
Msg #8742

My lovely and talented wife is a bilingual signing agent. She charges more than me (or she did when she was closing), and I'm a retired attorney. Hell, yes, you should be charging more.

I get a large charge out of telling folks my lovely and talented wife is bi.

Oddly enough, my lovely and talented wife doesn't get a charge out of that at all.

Reply by Oldbie_CA on 9/23/04 10:06pm
Msg #8755

I do charge more because, as you have experienced, it does take a lot longer.

Reply by Claudia on 9/24/04 3:48pm
Msg #8832

I speak a few languages myself and whenever I am asked to do a signing with language requirements my feed goes up - especially if it's French or Portuguese since there are not many notaries in my area that can fulfill the needs for these languages.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.