Business cards
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by lynnboop on 9/14/04 4:48pm
Msg #7935

Business cards

Reply by lynnboop on 9/14/04 4:52pm
Msg #7936

Re: Business cards OPPS

Sorry I keep doing that! My question is about business cards. I guess I should get some right. I assume that I should give them to the borrowers at the signing. What would they use it for? Do borrowers usually request the same signing agent again. Are there any other uses for these cards. Could I send one with the signed docs in the packet for the company.
I guess I am not sure if they are worth it. Please give me your input. Thanks ALL.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/14/04 5:05pm
Msg #7937

Of course they're worth it. You can get them cheap at vistaprint.com. It definitely can't hurt for you to leave a card with the borrower, they may need notary services in the future.

I've seen some people in here state that they send their card back with the documents. Personally, I don't. It just would feel a little to much like trying to solicit business directly with the title company for my tastes and I don't think that's the appropriate time to do it. But that's just me, I don't necessarily think others are wrong if they do it.

Ultimately, it's just a professional thing to do. This is the type of business where you should have business cards, and if anybody were ever to ask you for one you would look pretty amateurish if you said that you don't use them.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 9/14/04 5:50pm
Msg #7941

I always leave my business card with people in my local area. It has generated some follow-up business, especially in the general notary work area.

I also send my card (sometimes two) back with the packages with new companies. This is not to solicit business, but to allow them to know who to call if there is a problem with the documents. Usually the processor I send them to, does some stuff and the docs go on to other people in the title company and to the lender. Then the processor no longer has my information. With a card, they can jot down some specific information on the back and file it with their documentation.

Of course, if this just happens to generate more business, it's icing on the cake. I also don't have a problem with non-compete clauses for signing services, since I don't do much with them anyway.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 9/14/04 9:10pm
Msg #7966

I bought 250 cards at Vista Print. I am very satisfied with them. I staple the card onto a legal size envelope and put their docs in it.

Reply by Maria_NJ on 9/15/04 7:01pm
Msg #8029

I just received my business cards. My concern was sending them back with the docs to the title companies etc. Would it be considered solicitation? Most of the signing services I registered with all have the non-compete clause.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/15/04 10:15am
Msg #7984

lynboop says "I guess I should get some right. I assume that I should give them to the borrowers at the signing. What would they use it for?"

You never know when the borrowers might need general notary services, or will refer you to other people.

Reply by thatnotaryguy on 9/14/04 11:43pm
Msg #7971

www.buyprintingdirect.com the absolute best for 250 free business cards.... full color, glossy, no advertisement... just got mine today... ordered on 9/4... only paid 8.95 S & H.... better quality than vista print (which my girlfriend used)... i used the skyscraper building card template.... very professional looking!! very satisfied!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.