Notary Rotary
Executive Closing Services, Inc.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by APS on 9/10/04 8:07pm
Msg #7693

I would like to share my experience with other notaries and would like to know if other notaries that have experienced this as well. I did a closing this company on 6/26/04. To date, 9/10/04, I have not gotten paid from this company. Their policy is pretty much the norm, your check is processed on the 15th of the following. Fine! Payment is now over 30 days past due. Payment should have been paid out by 7/30/04. I have called this company several times and each time they tell me that the check is in the mail. I went above and beyond for this company to close this loan and did not charge them extra. Just want to know if any one else out there has had dealings with this company and was it as bad as mine. Also, for non payment, has anyone ever used a collection agency to recoup their money.

Reply by Liz/MD on 9/10/04 8:56pm
Msg #7697

Did one7/2 got paid 9/4. Call them now. I started calling on 8/15. Document it. They will pay. By the way don't sell your self short. When they call for future signings charge more. Just for the grief.

Reply by Tess/ME on 9/10/04 9:12pm
Msg #7699

Go to www.GoMobileNotary.com scroll to the bottom "search" and type in Executive Closings.
You should get an eye full.
Sure they HAVE paid some people, and I was one of the lucky ones after long, tiring, hours of emails, faxing, attempting to visit them when I vacationed in Florida.
The verbal abuse from them wasn't worth it neither since I must have been saying something wrong by asking for money that was owed to me...
If you don't mind waiting 6 months for your pay...do more signings for them...charge them more, I learned as many did and won't go that route again. And then what happens should the day come that they don't pay you?
They are the only SS I have "bad mouthed" and it takes a lot to "get under my skin" I have waited 60 days for payments from other SS and received them, but it was per agreement at the start.

Reply by Happy in Fl on 9/11/04 2:29am
Msg #7711

They are on my list of Bad Companies! May I share what system I use to keep track of these type companies? Perhaps it may be of help to someone out there.. Keep a three hole loose leaf book- indexed from A to Z . One side I list all the companies I have attempted to sign up with- and check a column if it was successful or not- maybe I sent a e-mail request for a app. to be downloaded etc.. Directly opposite- on page facing the other one I've listed BAD COMPANIES.. So as soon as you mentioned Executive Closings- turned to" E" in book- there they were- clear as day--- BAD- BAD - BAD... From this Forum- Notary Beware and other forums- over the last 3 months- the list is impressive. Thankyou all for contributing to this Great Forum!

Reply by J.C., Calif. on 9/11/04 9:51am
Msg #7719

Is it possible to take them to the small claims court? I heard this one notary say that 's how she finally got paid.

Reply by Jan Kohake on 9/11/04 10:32am
Msg #7724

I am surprised to hear so much negativity about this company. I did three signings for them in July, which of course means they will mail a check on the 15th of August. I waited for about 10 days, no check. I called and they apologized and overnighted me the full amount and two of those signings all parties concerned would not sign. I did one signing in August for them so I hope I'm not sticking my foot in my mouth by putting in a good word for them.

Reply by nah_AR on 9/11/04 7:58pm
Msg #7754

Maybe this is not the place to post this, but there seems to be a great demand for this.

I have taken several business classes on techniques for collecting outstanding debt. I have contracted with three large Appraisal Firms, and currently do collections for them.
I only collect from businesses and have had to hire employees to manage the workload.

I did not post this information in the profile because I do not want Signing Services to not use us because of potential collection issues; however if you would like more information please email me at [e-mail address].

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/11/04 9:07pm
Msg #7764

Jan
I have only done one signing for this company and I was paid promptly.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/11/04 11:23pm
Msg #7777

I've done a couple of signings for them and so far they haven't been good about payment. The first check I received I had to call for, about 2 weeks after the 15th of the month when it was supposed to be released. They did mail it right after I called so I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

My second signing for them was in July, expected a check to be sent around Aug. 15. Still haven't received it yet, but I called the other day and they said they would mail it right out (I called earlier but they were closed for a few days due to the Florida hurricane). I also did a couple of August signings and you can bet that I'm going to be calling them on the 15th of the month to make sure they're on top of it.

Ultimately though I'm done with them. Sorry, but if I have to call a company to get my first 2 checks mailed to me there's definitely a problem and I have no desire to have to do that every time I do a job for them. Especially now that I've researched them a bit on the boards and see that this is normal behavior for them.

Plus, their faxback requirements are really annoying!

Reply by aare_2032@bellsouth.net on 9/12/04 6:40pm
Msg #7803

Contact Johnique @[e-mail address].
I have something to share with you. Thanks, Johnique

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.