Notary Rotary
In Office Signing
Notary Discussion History

In Office Signing
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Oldbie_CA on 9/12/04 5:59pm
Msg #7799

In Office Signing

I just started to do direct work with a title co. and a lender and I was just wondering if any of you charge less money if the loan signing happens in office. I know many notaries offer in house work during crunch periods at a discount but this is just one signing.

TIA

Reply by Loretta Reed on 9/12/04 6:14pm
Msg #7801

I charge the same price for either type of signing. It does not depend on the location.
Now, if they want to make me their primary closer to do all of their notary transactions, I will negotiate the price with them.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 9/12/04 9:21pm
Msg #7807

For one signing, I charge the same as if it were in the borrowers home. I also have a "day" rate that I charge where I will do as many signings as necessary in an 8 hour period in their office. It doesn't make any difference if there's one signing or ten, it's a fee for the whole day. My day rate is based on not being able to perform 3 regular local signings.

Reply by Joyce/Fl on 9/13/04 2:53pm
Msg #7846

My very first signing was for a title company in their affiliated mortgage office. I never charge them less. This company is my best client. It doesn't matter if you go to the title office to close or to the borrower's home. Title companies pay more, have no trouble doing so, respect notaries by paying them what they know they are worth.

Reply by Oldbie_CA on 9/13/04 5:21pm
Msg #7855

Thank you all for your responses.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.