Notary Rotary
Listing fees on Notary Rotary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Lorraine/FL on 9/29/04 8:03am
Msg #9018

Are there opinions as to whether it is advisable to list your fees on this site, as part of your profile? TIA

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/29/04 10:14am
Msg #9021

Lorraine/FL asks "Are there opinions as to whether it is advisable to list your fees on this site, as part of your profile? TIA"

I don't have my fees listed, but they are in clear view on my webpage. I believe the upside of listing your fees would be that they are immediately visible, which in the long run would save a lot of time on the phone explaining to the lower paying SSs that your fee is such and such and your e-doc fee is such and such and that you don't do signings for $40-$50. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't SS's, title companies, etc. go deeper into our profiles and see a listing of our rates for signings, e-docs and mileage, etc.?

Reply by Harry [NR] on 9/29/04 10:32am
Msg #9024

CarolynCO: "Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't SS's, title companies, etc. go deeper into our profiles and see a listing of our rates for signings, e-docs and mileage, etc.?"

Currently, signing services and title companies cannot see your per-item fees (base fee, mileage, e-docs, etc.) directly. However, there are some companies who are able to use the fee estimation feature, which calculates estimated cost by notary using base fees and approximate distance, on the search screen.

For that reason, it might be advantageous to maintain a complete fee profile. (So they don't skip over you in favor of someone with a more known cost.) On the other hand, it makes it a little harder to price discriminate.

Harry
Notary Rotary

Reply by lorraine2 on 9/29/04 8:06pm
Msg #9067

Thanks to both of you for your insight and information and Carolyn it was the SS/Title dilemma that had me in a quandry = I didn't want to quote too high to rule out SS, but yet didn't want to undercut myself by designating a price based on the thought that SS would be the only ones looking. While I am not privy to individual members rates, I did review several member profiles that would note to call for a quote...or indicated competitve fees...which made me wonder if NOT listing anything was a standard.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/1/04 11:55am
Msg #9149

lorraine2 said "Carolyn it was the SS/Title dilemma that had me in a quandry = I didn't want to quote too high to rule out SS"

My listed base rate is for SSs. I don't list Title company fees, but disclose my rate to them when they call. There is no way to know for sure how many calls I don't get because I've disclosed my SS rates, but it hasn't stopped the higher priced SSs from calling, and when a lower priced one does call, they usually accept my higher rate without haggling.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.