Notary Rotary
Looking for SS info. ???
Notary Discussion History

Looking for SS info. ???
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Curious George on 9/7/04 3:13pm
Msg #7518

Looking for SS info. ???

Does anyone have any info. or experience with True Home Lending or Signing Star Service (same company) ???????

Thanks,
~Anthony
Oregon

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/7/04 5:31pm
Msg #7526

Anthony asked "Does anyone have any info. or experience with True Home Lending or Signing Star Service (same company) ??????? "

I do several RESPA signings for them. TrueHome contacts me for signings. Docs are e-mailed from TrueHome with SigningStar cc'd. TrueHome and SigningStar are in different locations, although I surmise that in some way, shape or form, that the two are in some way connected to or joined with each other. The checks come in TrueHome envelopes, but the checks are SigningStar. After the signing (at least RESPA), both the loan officer and SigningStar must be called. Signing report and invoice are faxed to SigningStar. Unfortuantely, EVERY page of the RESPA signing must be initialed, even if signed and any docs that are picked up (i.e., insurance policies, bank statements, appraisal checks, etc.) must be faxed to TrueHome. Generally speaking, most RESPA packages are 18 pages, so it's not too bad. It gets bad though when what is picked up amoutns to 20, 50, 75 or more pages. After faxing everything to TrueHome, the packet gets "regular mailed" to TrueHome. I include the cost of postage on the invoice and they reimburse me with the regular signing. I've not had any problems with either TrueHome or SigningStar. I usually receive a check for the previous months signings sometime during the first week of the following month. I've not done any loan signings/notarizations for them -- my schedule did not allow me to do the couple of signings they offered me, so I can't attest to their loan signing protocol.

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 9/7/04 6:36pm
Msg #7528

Are they a nationwide company?

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/7/04 9:08pm
Msg #7532

Loretta asks: Are they a nationwide company?

Anthony is in Oregon, so I don't know why he asked about TrueHome and SigningStar. I know that the two that I deal with are both in Denver, although the very first RESPA signing call came from Nebraska, although I still sent the fax and mail drill to Denver.

Reply by Curious George on 9/7/04 11:05pm
Msg #7537

Thanks Carolyn,
Actually did a signing for them a while back and so I thought I would do some background checking on them. Though I will keep you and everyone posted on how everything turns out!!! And , to answer the question when I did the signing for them they stated it was rare that they have signings in Oregon...........So I am unsure if they are nationwide or not. I will update this post on them in following week or so. Thanks for the info....and have a great day!

~Anthony
Oregon

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/10/04 10:03pm
Msg #7702

Anthony said: "Actually did a signing for them a while back and so I thought I would do some background checking on them. Though I will keep you and everyone posted on how everything turns out!!! And , to answer the question when I did the signing for them they stated it was rare that they have signings in Oregon"

You're welcome, Anthony. Just curious -- did the call come from Denver? Was it a full-fledged signing or only a RESPA signing? Did you have to do the entire fax back routine?

Reply by Curious George on 9/10/04 11:12pm
Msg #7704

Carolyn,
It was a full refi package.......no fax back, due to the fact that I had to overnight the docs to the spouse in another state so she could sign her portion. Unfortunately, payment for services is well over-due though I've been called and notified that payment has been mailed I am not holding my breath , I have already been lied to about that same statement twice. I've been very very patient and have communicated with them numerous times. So I'll let you know by Friday of next week if I haven't received payment for services rendered, and am going to start collections and legal proceedings. Hopefully, it won't come to that. I am a very courteous, understanding, and patient business man, and I hate making ripples in the water, but when professional businesses and organizations give me the run around and are down right dishonest. Then I make Big Splashes in the water........
I'm sure you know what I mean.

Have a wonderful night & a great weekend! = )

~Anthony
Oregon

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/11/04 4:06pm
Msg #7741

Anthony,
e-mail me.
Carolyn

Reply by sherconner on 9/13/04 3:08pm
Msg #7847

Anthony-
Just wondering if you got paid? I too am waiting on a check from them. Sheri

Reply by Curious George on 9/13/04 5:18pm
Msg #7854

As of yet NO, but I will update the board come Friday, whatever way it turns out..... They have tried my patients to long.
So definitely check back by friday....
Have a great day!
~Anthony
Oregon

Reply by Sweetpea on 9/9/04 9:16pm
Msg #7634

Dumb question - what does RESPA stand for?

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 9/9/04 9:48pm
Msg #7638

Real
Estate
Settlement
Procedures
Act

http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/res/respa_hm.cfm

Reply by Curious George on 9/14/04 9:02pm
Msg #7965

Re: Looking for S.S. info??? Update

Hi All,

Just wanted to update about this company "Signing Star Services" out of Denver, Colorado. It started out smooth, did signing with e-docs for them in first half of July. I follow up on my invoices regularly, and I never wait to long before starting follow ups on collection of invoices. My experience with this company was bothersome. I called numerous times faxed copy of invoice twice, finally was connected with Linda Doye who stated to me that the check was in the mail twice...... never came I was very patient on this one, finally after calling her a 3rd time and leaving a message , she returned my call saying she mailed payment , that was last week. I received payment today in full .............
They took their time, and if I hadn't followed up and bugged them I don't think I would have ever gotten paid.....So my opinion .....I'll never work for them again, I haven't heard one good thing about Linda Doye, and her dishonesty. With their companies professional business ethic, I highly doubt they will be around for very long!

Watch yourself with this company, and get exact dates and follow up when working with Linda Doye on payment for services rendered.

Have A Great Day!

~Anthony
Oregon

P.S. Quote for the day: " Sometimes you gotta take the cake out of there mouth, before they think they can eat it too."

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/15/04 5:01pm
Msg #8022

Re: Looking for S.S. info??? Update

I'm sorry it was a bad experience for you Anthony, but glad that they did pay you so that I didn't have to make a trip and TP their office building.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.