Posted by Gerry in VT on 9/4/04 2:21pm
Msg #7387

NNA and eNotarization section

I read on the National Notary Association web site that they
are launching a new eNotarization section. As an electronics
engineer and notary, this is an area of interest to me. However,
I have read the uncomplimentary posts about NNA on this board,
and I've noticed in there Model Notary Act a slant towards requiring
things that NNA could make a profit from.

So my question is, would it be worth my while to obtain a membership
in both NNA and the eNotarization section in the hope that this
is more than just a place for NNA to plug its products?

Reply by Jon on 9/4/04 5:36pm
Msg #7393

I wouldn't even consider it. I doubt that you will get any info you can't get by yourself if you're willing to do the research.

BTW, if you just want to gid rid of some money, you can send it my way. I would give you nothing but thanks for it, which is probably more than you would get from the NNA. Smiley

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 9/5/04 10:07am
Msg #7417

It has become apparent that the NNA (a non profit organisation) is venturing more and more into the Signing Services Industry and is distancing itself from it's original founded purpose.

Reply by Richard Silver on 9/6/04 10:01am
Msg #7463

Doesn't general notay work and loan signings go together? I'm happy to see that the NNA is changing with the times and adapting to new things.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/6/04 2:51pm
Msg #7475

Being a notary goes hand in hand with loan signings, but loan signings do not necessarily go hand in hand with being a notary. There are a ton of notaries out there who have no interest in doing loan signings, and believe it or not there are other things that require notarization outside of real estate documents.

Reply by Richard Silver on 9/6/04 10:05am
Msg #7464

Nobody should pay attention to Jon. He's just a disgruntaled notary that trys to blame his failure on others.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/6/04 2:52pm
Msg #7476

And you know this how?

Reply by Jon on 9/6/04 10:38pm
Msg #7491

Disgruntled and a failure!!!! I never knew, thanks for pointing that out to me. BTW, you may want to get someone to show you how to use a spellchecker, your spelling is horrendous Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/6/04 11:22pm
Msg #7492

How so?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.