Notary Rotary
Nations Direct
Notary Discussion History

Nations Direct
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by RAMZ on 9/15/04 5:04pm
Msg #8023

Nations Direct

Has anyone done business with Nations Direct? I did a signing for them on 8-5-04 and have not received payment.

Reply by Roger/OH on 9/15/04 5:53pm
Msg #8025

They usually pay the 15th of the month following the signing, so give it until next week
for the check to get to you, as they are pretty good about payment. I just hope you didn't accept their $40 fee for your signing!

Reply by jblansett on 9/15/04 7:19pm
Msg #8030

they pay on the 15 of the next month.

Reply by RAMZ on 9/16/04 12:15am
Msg #8058

Re: Nations Direct

Reply by RAMZ on 9/16/04 12:17am
Msg #8059

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS. I AM NEW TO THIS BUSINESS AND SINCE I AM NOT CERTIFIED, I DID ACCEPT THIER $40 FEE, BECAUSE IT WAS JUST 3 MILES FROM ME. AND I NEED THE EXPERIENCE.

Reply by Roger/OH on 9/16/04 1:58pm
Msg #8088

RAMZ...

You need to understand that $40 companies prey upon a continuous supply of newbies like yourself who will accept those fees ("for the experience"), which lowers the bar for all of us. The starting SS norm used to be $60, then $50 (which most SS still observe as a minimum); by accepting $40, you help perpetuate the companies that, otherwise, would not be competitive. Later on, another newbie may accept $30 "for the experience", and so on. Stick to your guns and don't go below $50 - there are plenty of companies to learn on that pay at least that much. Certification has nothing to do with it either; you can do that later if you wish and have some experience to take the tests. Certification is certainly not required to do a $50 signing (many SAs are not certified, but still command substantial fees), but please don't take $40.

Reply by Andy_WA on 9/16/04 2:55pm
Msg #8090

Nations Direct was the very first SS I tried to sign up with, but I just laugh and said no thanks to their fee schedule (I think it was $45 about 2 months ago) . IMO...Experience or not, and doesn't matter what fee you charge. A screw up is a screw up, why not stick to the standard so other (newbie) can follow and benefit. I stopped signing up with SS so I don't have to deal with the $50/less fee stated in their contract and let them find me (if they needed) from sites where I'm listed. It has worked for me since my area is not so saturated.

Hard work, patient, and persistent is key to success in this business.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.