Notary Rotary
Non Payment - A Lady Will Assist, Fairfield, CA office
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Anna - CA on 9/24/04 11:16am
Msg #8806

Has anyone else experienced non payment from signing service "A Lady Will Assist"? I completed a signing on 7/15/04 and have not received payment. I've called numerous times and spoke with Stevie who is supposed to be the person who cuts the checks, her response is the check's in the mail or will be soon. Roslyn who is the boss/manager has never returned my calls and never seems to be in the office. I am not sure if there is anything I can do besides spread the word out that this signing service is unethical and does not pay their notaries. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply by Sandi-CA on 9/24/04 1:10pm
Msg #8816

I, too, have been waiting on payment from them. When I called, they said they were backlogged, and trying hard to catch up, but my check would be still another 2 weeks. The signing was in mid July.

Reply by Curious George on 9/24/04 1:47pm
Msg #8822

Greatttttt. I just did a signing for them yesterday....... So I guess I will really have to stay on top of it if they are late..........Anyways, thanks for the updates ladies & Have A Great Day!

~Anthony
Oregon

Reply by Anonymous on 9/24/04 3:08pm
Msg #8831

This is me Anna again. For those of you who have performed work for A Lady Will Assist and are still awaiting payment, please e-mail me with your info, my plan is; if we can stand together there might be a better chance of receiving our well deserved $$$$. I can be reached at [e-mail address] I'm sure the list of names will grow, so I look forward to hearing from all who are sitting in my same uncertain place. Thank you all.

Reply by Anonymous on 9/24/04 4:21pm
Msg #8836

call every 5 minutes and drive them crazy all day and dont stop until you get paid they dont want to change their number harrass and bug the hell out of them I did it and it works

Reply by Anna on 9/24/04 4:55pm
Msg #8844

Did you have a problem with A Lady Will Assist? I've called alot already, and their number is long distance, by the time I get paid; if I get paid I'll still be the negative $$$. Thanks for your reply. Wish me and the others luck.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/25/04 1:06am
Msg #8868

That's what cell phones are for. No long distance charges. Isn't residential long distance something like 5-10 cents a minute these days anyway? Surely that's within your budget, can't add up to more than a few bucks. And if you use that much long distance you should probably check into a flat rate plan for your home number.

Phone service is a cost of doing business, just suck it up and keep calling until you get your check

Reply by Anonymous on 9/24/04 7:49pm
Msg #8852

I gave up. Never was paid after a no-show even though I was promised full payment. This was in May 2004.

Reply by Jeanine Ruby on 6/3/05 6:27pm
Msg #42168

I filed a complaint against them with the BBB. I finally received payment. I'll not work for them again though. THey do lie about when they sent the check, when they'll pay, etc.

Reply by Sharlene on 7/9/05 11:47am
Msg #50756

OMIGOSH - how long did this take? I have been chasing them since last year and I also filed a complaint with the BBB + sent a certified letter to them? What did you do besides this? I would love to collect on this one. let me know.....thanks - Sharlene ([e-mail address]

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.