Notary Rotary
Notaries Nationwide Needed Now!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Walter Smith on 9/3/04 4:04pm
Msg #7330

We have recently expanded our service to include loan signing services to our clients nationwide. If you are an attorney or notary and would like to be considered for loan signing work in your area, please visit our website at www.dependabledocs.com and fill out our online applicatoin to join our network!

Reply by Andy_WA on 9/4/04 5:40am
Msg #7371

Re: Must be a joke, right?

I went to the site and took a peek at their policy. The very last item under the Penalty Policy #4 look like this:

***Documents must be shipped next day. Package must be received within 24 hours after the signing - NO EXCEPTION***

Does it mean that I have to book a round trip flight from West to Eastcoast for an evening signing and hand delivered the package to meet your 24hrs deadline or I won't get my $50 signing fee?

Reply by Anonymous on 9/4/04 6:49am
Msg #7376

Re: Whatever happened to . . .

I did the job I agreed to so I get paid the fee I agreed to . . . NO EXCEPTIONS!

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/4/04 9:38pm
Msg #7404

Re: Must be a joke, right?

I just emailed them asking about it. Their [e-mail address] address bounced back to me stating that it could not be verified. I just tried a different email address, I'll bet I never get an answer. Looks like this company is pretty amateur to say the least. I think I'll refrain from signing up with them.

Here's what I sent them:

From your penalty policy:

4. Documents must be shipped next day. Package must be received within 24 hours after the signing - NO EXCEPTIONS

Please explain this to me. If I do a signing late on a Monday, ship the documents on a Tuesday (as you state in your policy) because it's too late for Fed Ex or UPS pickup, you won't receive the documents until Wednesday. Are you saying I wouldn't be paid for this signing because the documents weren't received 24 hours after the signing? How about a Friday signing where docs wouldn't be received until Monday or even Tuesday? That's more than 24 hours as well. You state "no exceptions" but in fact there are several exceptions that would make it impossible for you to have the documents within 24 hours of the signing, all of which are beyond the notaries control.

If you could please clarify this policy it would be greatly appreciated.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/5/04 12:54pm
Msg #7420

Got a response

I was wrong, I got an answer right away. Here's what he emailed me:

As with most Lenders/Title/Escrow Companies completed docs must be sent back to them within 24 hours of the signing. Obviously, if a signing is taking place during or after the last pick up for the carrier on that day, we/they cannot expect for you to have the docs back in that time frame. However, it is imperative that the docs be returned as soon as possible and not be "held" for any reason. Therefore, in that instance you would be paid the agreed upon fee. I hope this explanation clarifies your concerns in regards to this matter. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Reply by Tess/ME on 9/5/04 9:14am
Msg #7415

Re: Notaries Nationwide Needed Now!-HISHUGHNESS???

Where are you to give us your thoughts and your "much appreciated" opinion on this??
It seems like every posting that I read, after about the second reply, I look to see what you have to say about it....You give such "different" advice and you always make me laugh.

Reply by Jim-TX on 9/5/04 11:57pm
Msg #7454

Miss Him, No Way HISHUGHNESS???

Glad you miss him but some of us enjoy a break from him. I am always glad when I don't see a response from him. To each his own.

Reply by HisHughness on 9/6/04 12:12am
Msg #7457

Re: Miss Him, No Way HISHUGHNESS???

Jim-TX emoted:

***Glad you miss him but some of us enjoy a break from him. I am always glad when I don't see a response from him. To each his own.***

We Texans have to be sensitive to each other's needs and desires, so, in accord with your wishes, Jim, I'm not going to respond to this post. I'm just going to let it pass. Ignore it. Pay no attention to it. Pretend it never happened. Let it go. Button my lip. Zip it up tight. Pay no heed. I'll disregard it altogether. I am not, please note, going to take any notice of it whatsoever. Overlook it, that's what I'm planning on doing.

Reply by Reenie/CA on 9/6/04 1:25am
Msg #7461

LOL

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/6/04 3:10pm
Msg #7477

LOL!

My grandma raised me and kept me in line with "Now, I am not going to say ANYTHING else about this but............................................."

I'd be thinking "Grandma, just let me go cut a switch--anything! But, please God! no more of Grandma saying nothing else, but..................................................."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.