Notary Rotary
NotaryPro
Notary Discussion History

NotaryPro
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Loretta Reed on 9/20/04 9:37pm
Msg #8471

NotaryPro

I got an email from them saying that they are no longer accepting my closing fee of $75 (this includes the email doc fee).
They said that they will not be using me anymore unless I go down on my prices. I told them that I thought their fee of $60 for a closing and $15 for email docs in unfair. I can't go down.
This frustrates me.

Reply by Curious George on 9/20/04 9:41pm
Msg #8472

WOW, I 've been wondering I am on there database but here in Oregon I haven't gotten any calls , so I mailed them and I guess they don't do much in these parts now I'm glad. Thats definitely too low...... Almost to the point of insulting....sounds like your better off without them Loretta....

~Anthony
Oregon

Reply by Nd_WA on 9/20/04 11:29pm
Msg #8477

And we thought edoc is the money maker for this business. With all the posts I've seen lately concerning low fee for edoc and refi market slowing down; I'm cold calling ss that do exclusively streamline HELOC where doc is overnight and signing schedule is flexible. I've been doing mostly HELOC from CountryWide & Chase in the past 3 weeks with 2 SS. Their fee ($75) has been great. I do not take anything less than $100 for edoc.

Reply by AM / WA on 9/21/04 12:36am
Msg #8479

ND - please help

Hi, ND

May I ask you to please email me the contact info for the SSs who pay you $75 for HELOCs? I serve Whatcom and Skagit counties, way north of you. I won't leave Whatcom county for less than $100 so I wouldn't be cutting into your work. I'd love to get more work - very slow here.

What counties do you cover? If we are far enough apart, perhaps we can swap lists.

Thanks lots! [e-mail address]

Reply by Nd_WA on 9/21/04 2:24am
Msg #8483

Re: ND - please help

Check your email AM...You're welcome!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/21/04 8:29am
Msg #8484

If you are not signed up with them, go to NFRES.COM, click on, then click on "vendor access" which you will see on the top bar. Then on the left bar click on "request set-up package", and then on the drop down list select "notary"
These are simple HELOC's. They will pay $75. If I have had to go out of my area they have OKed my fee. The packages are so small that on the rare occasions they have had to do edocs then I only charge them $25 extra to cover the edocs - this is the only company I will do the edocs for the $25.

They set the time of the appointment, this cannot be changed. You don't need to call the borrower unless you need directions. If it is an early morning appointment and they can't overnight the docs to you in time, then they will e-mail them because they want the appointment time kept.
After the signing you only have to fax the HUD and the owners affidavit, and you go to their website to notify them the signing is complete and the tracking number etc.

I would take as many as these as you can get. They also pay promptly.

Reply by Eliz_CA on 9/21/04 10:34am
Msg #8498

Hi Andy,
Would you please email me the signing companies that do HELOCS?

I live in Sacramento. Just curious - why are you not a real estate agent anymore? Thanks.

[e-mail address]

Elizabeth

Reply by Nd_WA on 9/21/04 11:12pm
Msg #8579

Re: Eliz

I sent you an email Eliz. It would cost me around $2k-3k to get back into real estate now, and I'm heading toward that direction. I gave up RE back then b/c I didn't have the flexibility when I changed job and a baby on the way. Besides, RE was kinda like a hobby for me.

Thanks Sylvia for sharing the info.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.