Notary Rotary
Notary Mentor
Notary Discussion History

Notary Mentor
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Ab on 9/23/04 8:30pm
Msg #8746

Notary Mentor

Hi, I am a new Notary. I haven't had an opportunity to do a signing as yet. II would really lie to have a chance to go with another notary on a signing before going on my own. I need to know how and where can I find a mentor in my area. I live in Stockton, CA in San Joaquin County.

Reply by HisHughness on 9/23/04 8:42pm
Msg #8747

Advice for new notaries

Above the menu of posts, click the "First" button. Go all the way to the very first post in June 2003, "Welcome to the General Discussion Forum." Read all the way to the last post today. You will find your answer many times over in the intervening messages, along with far better information about being a signing agent than you ever got in your certification course.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/23/04 9:22pm
Msg #8751

Ab,

If you do not get any takers, I'd suggest joining the SigningRegistry.com which has a mentor program in place.

This may have been discussed before, so Hugh's advice is good - do a search for "mentor," or your area. As you have time, reach the 8000+ messages in the archive.

When I started my business, I read all the archives I could read online - everywhere. Soon, you will begin to identify the posters which are the ones who will give you the kind of information you can appreciate and learn from.

Best of luck.

Reply by Theresa DREAD on 9/23/04 10:51pm
Msg #8765

I live in Stockton and you can call me! My e-mail address is: [e-mail address] - Send me your info and I'll contact you on my next signing!

Reply by Ab on 9/23/04 11:44pm
Msg #8771

I sent you an e-mail with my information. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Reply by Della-Ca on 9/24/04 7:37am
Msg #8795

I live near stockton ,I am looking for the same .Someone to ride with and see what the real world signing is like before I go on my own.I have taken the courses, and am reading , reading and learning while I wait for my commission,which should be any day.
Thanks To anyone willing.
Della

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 9/24/04 12:08am
Msg #8775

I have another suggestion for you: I teach for www.notaryclasses.com in Calif and on the 26th Sept.
Sunday we are offering our first Loan Signings Classes. If you click on www.notaryclasses.com you will find a link to a loan sgning Class in Sacramento next Sunday. Classes are also available in Anaheim and San Diego on Sunday 26th of Sept.

You can sign up at notaryclasses.com and after you take the class and pass the CERTIFIEDLOANSIGNING TEST we have a "mentor ride along program available for $100.00."

This program will include the "newbie" knocking on the front door with us and returning the signing company invoice (by Fax) and learn how to package the loan signing package to the proper company via FEDEX or UPS.
I think $100 is a bargain to "ride along with a mentor: Cheryl (5000+ loans, Kelly 2000+loans, and myself Joan 1100+loans.)

If you have anymore questions email me at [e-mail address]

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/24/04 12:54am
Msg #8784

I can also recommend the book "How to Be A Wildly Successful Signing Agent"
Authored by Joan Bergstrom and Cheryl Elliot. I see Joan didn't mention it in her post, so thought I wouldSmiley
An excellent book, especially geared towards California signing agents.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.