Notary Rotary
Precison Closings
Notary Discussion History

Precison Closings
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Cheryl on 9/30/04 1:31pm
Msg #9095

Precison Closings

They are terrible. Terrible. Terrible. I accepted a closing from them. I never received a fax confirmation to my e-fax. They tried to fax the documents to my home phone # instead of my e-fax #. I didnt receive an email confirmation until two hours before the closing. But I did not see the e-mail until after I dropped the documents off in the mail. They reduced my pay from $50 to $40. I am very, very, very upset. I sat at this closing for one hour before the borrower would sign because he had questions. I used my cell phone minutes to try and reach the borrower's loan officer, the title company and Precision closings. I had a 5:30 closing that did not start the actual signing until 6:30 p.m. Then it took the borrower from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. to sign the documents. I saved this loan because I could have just walked out after the first 30 minutes, but I thought I was doing my job by trying to reach someone and them I get $10 deducted because I did not fax back the documents.

I then e-mail Precison Closing Service only to receive a rude email from one of the reps that said "your pay was deducted because you didnt follow the directions". The rep insisted that I received a fax. I said to him well send me the fax confirmation. He said well I know someone called you because it is documented.

Well someone did phone me only to see if I received the original documents not to tell me to do a fax back. I am so very upset, because I lost a $150 job for this lowsy $40 job.

Reply by Cheryl on 9/30/04 1:37pm
Msg #9096

Re: Precison Closings

Below is the e-mail thread from Precision Closings. I've removed the borrower's name in the subject area. Can you believe the e-mails. Per my earlier note, I was never sent a fax because they tried to fax to my home # -- I have e-fax. When I did speak with a rep. an hour before the closing he did not mention faxing anything back, just wanted to know if I received the package. That is all. I'm very upset.

From : Precision Closings 877 934-7800 Fax all Notarized Docs/Right to Cancel 877 277-1206 <[e-mail address]>
Reply-To : <[e-mail address]>
Sent : Thursday, September 30, 2004 10:03 AM
To : "Cheryl
Subject : RE:

Threats? Well you do what you need to do. The fact of the matter is you
didn't follow the instructions.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 6:57 AM
To: [e-mail address]
Subject: RE:
Also, I will be sure to share your lovely e-mail with the other notaries in
my area, the national notary association and other organizations I am
affiliated with. THANKS!

>From: "Precision Closings 877 934-7800 Fax all Notarized Docs/Right to
>Cancel 877 277-1206" <[e-mail address]>
>Reply-To: <[e-mail address]>
>To: "Cheryl
>Subject: RE:
>Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:46:41 -0700
>
>You would have been payed the full amount if you had listened to our simple
>instructions. And you were removed anyways for not listening to those
>instruction. So it's done.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ryan McBride
>Manager/Precision Closing Svc.
>877-934-7800 Ext 308
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Cheryl
>Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 6:40 AM
>To: [e-mail address]
>Subject:
>Please remove me from your notary list. I cannot believe you are paying
>me $40 for a closing. The avereage fee in the DC area is $100 per closing.
>The lowest amount I will accept is $75.00. I was at this closing for an
>hour before Mr. ******* would begin signing, then it took another 1 1/2
>hours for him to sign. That is a total of 2 1/2 hours. This was not
>worth my time and effort. I turned down a $150 closing because I had accepted
>your closing. Terrible.
>
> >From: <[e-mail address]>
> >To: Cheryl
> >Subject:
> >Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:31:28 (GMT)
> >
> >Office/Status: 877-934-7800 Fax Docs To: 877-277-1206
> >8918498135
> >
> >Precision Closings
>

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/30/04 4:22pm
Msg #9104

Why did you state in your email to them that the lowest fee you'll accept is $75? You obviously accept $50 since that's what they were going to pay you for this signing.

The best thing that you can do is let the title company know of Precision's incompetence, and that they reduced your fee because of it. And let them know that you went above and beyond what was expected of you to get this loan signed. And if you do decide to do this, try to just state things factually, don't show the emotion and annoyance that you show in your emails to Precision Closing. Maybe you'll end up getting business directly from the title company, that would be the best revenge of all.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/30/04 8:51pm
Msg #9118

Maybe she meant that because PC (or others) were not available to answer questions and the borrower drew things out for an hour before starting to sign. Of course, an SS would not likely agree to an additional $25 no matter what the circumstances.

Perhaps the moral of the story is "Never do a smidgen more than you agreed to and expect to get paid for it." The operative word is EXPECT to get paid for it. The extra mile is always a freebie and comes from one's personal values, convictions and work ethic--which obviously she had.

IMHO an error in perception was possibly made to expect that the time she spent over and above the call of duty was going to be recognized.

I get such a kick out of getting checks that I try not to get bogged down in getting angry about today's bad situation, but rather, to focus on snagging the next one(s) and being better prepared to defend myself.

The best offensive move is to report incompetence to the title company, like you said, Cali, and hope to enlighten them. The best personal defense to these kinds of situations for me is to never lose my temper. Then, I wait for the next call whereupon I offensively use a very deliberately chosen decision of "refusal."

Anger seldom pays in our business.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/30/04 10:50pm
Msg #9122

I agree with you Brenda, but I didn't get the impression that she was expecting to get more than the original agreed upon fee. I think she just felt like she was screwed over by Precision. Because obviously she was.

My point was that it makes no sense to tell a signing service, who you've agreed to work for for $50, that you don't accept anything less than $75 for a signing. It that's the case, you would have never accepted the $50 job in the first place. It ultimately watered down her message and made it look like she was grandstanding and/or lying.

I would say that another moral of the story is decide what your minimum fee is, then NEVER work for anything below it.

Reply by Cheryl on 10/1/04 9:59am
Msg #9137

I'm sorry for the confusion -- I was just so angry and hurt yesterday I was not very clear.

When I accepted the job, Precision could not find anyone in the area, I turned it down once and they phone me again. Since I did not have a closing scheduled when I accepted it, I agreed to the $50, but my normal fee is not lower than $75. I usually work directly with title companies that pay $100 plus, depending on the job and/or the title company.

After I accepted the assignment with Precision, I received a job offer for the same date/time from a title company that was paying more. I turned down the title company and kept my appt. with Precision. I was never notified by Precison that I was to fax back documents. After I finished with the closing, Precision phoned me to see if the borrower finally signed but they never said to fax back documents. I just felt as though I did this job for free for several reasons:

I left my 9 - 5 (really 6) job early so that I could meet the borrower at an earlier time than scheduled (per the borrower's request). Since I am paid hourly at my day job, that was leave without pay.

I used a lot of minutes on my cell phone calling the title company and Precision.

I feel much better now and this was a lesson learned, I will never do business with a signing company again. I never have problems when I work directly with the title company.

Thanks for the advice, I will call the title company and do business with them directly.

Thanks,

Smiley

Reply by Traci/ca on 10/1/04 12:41pm
Msg #9151

First of all I have done a lot of work for Precision. I have always found them to be very pleasant. It is human to error and no one is exempt from it. However, I believe that if the situation was explained in a more rational matter as to how the instructions were not made clear to you it probably would have worked more to your advantage. Again, this goes to show that unless a company has an extremely bad rap on this board it is safe to say that some of us just happen to have a bad experience with a good company every now and then and we all should use our best judgment and professionalism to deal with these companies. Cool down and chaulk it up as bad communication and lesson learned.

Hang in there.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.