Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Talk about being at the end of the food chain...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 9/29/04 11:26am
Msg #9031

I just encountered something I haven't run across before. I have a one-borrower HE loan at 2 p.m. The package arrives this morning, and it's got 400 pages of documents! I go through the packet, and it's quickly apparent I've been sent four - count 'em, four -- separate packets. I call and the processor tells me she does it that way so that she won't omit anything from the lender. And, she blithely says, "You can go through them at closing and take them out."

She doesn't want to waste her time eliminating duplications, so the signing agent is expected to waste his time.

Reply by CLBM on 9/29/04 11:28am
Msg #9032

What's your price for being the paper sorter? I just might need one. :>)

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/29/04 4:09pm
Msg #9052

OK, I'm not really getting the point of this. It was 4 identical loan packets? What would be omitted from the lender, and what are you supposed to sort through? The way I'm reading this is that you'd have the borrower sign one, and give a second copy to the borrower leaving you with 2 extra copies. And it doesn't seem like it would be too much extra effort to just stick the 2 extra copies in the return envelope when you return the docs. What am I missing?

Reply by HisHughness on 9/29/04 4:25pm
Msg #9054

CaliNotary queried:

***OK, I'm not really getting the point of this.***

The packets were not:

1. In identical order; and

2. In four separate packets; there were four identical sets of docs divided into three packets.

35-50 individal documents out of any collated order and not even any assurance when I started how many separate packets there were. The processor did not want the job of ascertaining what was in each packet, which is her job; she just apparently made quadruple copies of everything, perhaps after mixing up the lender and title company packets, and shipped the bundle down the line for it to become someone else's problem. I was supposed to sort them out at the table.

Reply by Della_Ca on 9/29/04 5:15pm
Msg #9060

O.K. What happened ? Did you do the signing sorting out at the signing?? Or did the signing not take place? Sitting on the edge of my seat here.

Reply by HisHughness on 9/29/04 5:48pm
Msg #9061

Did what I had time to do. Pulled out what appeared to be a complete set of docs, got 'em signed, gave the rest of them to the borrower. She's a legal secretary, oughta be able to sort out three complete sets.

Sitting on the edge of your seat, are you? You get excited easily. Howcome I never met women like that when I was single?

Reply by Alex - CA on 9/30/04 12:57am
Msg #9076

Maybe if on your dates you spoke about loan documents - they would have been sitting at the edge of their seats - lol !

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.