Notary Rotary
Tracking Signings
Notary Discussion History

Tracking Signings
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Rachel_CA on 9/13/04 11:52pm
Msg #7880

Tracking Signings

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. I've been on this site for a couple of months and every newbie asks how to start getting signings - and every reply was market yourself... My question is do you track and create a folder for every signing company you sign up for? Or do you create folders just for the ones that call with work?

Reply by Brenda J Khan on 9/14/04 8:06am
Msg #7886

I am new too and I started making folders for every company but quickly found it was just a waste of my time! I now make folders only for the companies I sign for! BK-FL

Reply by Rachel_CA on 9/14/04 9:47am
Msg #7891

Do you keep track of the on a spreadsheet which sc you already signed up for? so that you don't repeat.

Reply by Elizabeth_CA on 9/14/04 12:22pm
Msg #7905

I enter each company marketed in MS Access (database). I assign a company code that does not allow a duplicate in the program. You may use the same criteria for address and tel# to avoid duplicates. I print the company page from this website (and other websites) including application forms, etc. After faxing or emailing back, I staple everything relating to one company (or use a binder clip if they provide a pre-printed invoice) and file them in an alpha accordian file.

Reply by nah_AR on 9/14/04 6:51pm
Msg #7950

I have a folder for every company I have signed up with and in each folder I have their notary contract and regulations. I have found that when I market myself to a company they will eventually call, and it is very convenient to pull their file and re-read that particular agreement since each company tends to be different.

I also have a spreadsheet of the companies I actually sign for. Also when a company calls for a signing, I ask how they located me. At the end of the year I review the spreadsheet and up-grade my membership on the web-site that has given me the most business.

Reply by Brenda J Khan on 9/14/04 11:19pm
Msg #7970

I keep a print out of my applications and the companies rules, but keep them all in one file. Only when a new company calls me do I go to that file and pull out my application. I do keep a list of all companies I sign up with as well, but duplicates happen anyways! I have a large 3 inch 3 ring binder with alphabetical tabs I keep the companies I do sign with in. This saves me space and everything in one book so I have access to all my companies rules and requirements. Best of Luck! BK-FL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.