Trust Notary Services - Atlanta
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Chica - CA on 9/23/04 5:47pm
Msg #8721

Hi,

Has anyone heard of this company? They called me today for two signings for tomorrow, this will be my first, I am excited and I and hoping they will not become a bad debt. Please let me know..... I am go to re-read my Signing Registry Training Bible to prepare.

Thanks,

Reply by Chica - CA on 9/23/04 6:03pm
Msg #8724

I also have dial-up service, in fact I have an appointment tomorrow (which I will reschelde) for cable verse dial-up. How long does dial-up take to down load an e-doc?

Thanks

Reply by Chica - Ca on 9/23/04 6:14pm
Msg #8725

Okay, it's me again.... My new 2nd printer: HP1300 per forum, has not been used yet for e-docs, since tomorrow will be my first. Can someone email me some type of forms for I can see if it is configure correctly? I have dual trays (both legal paper), should I change my 1st tray to letter size or leave the legals in?

Please answer, thanks

Reply by Chica - CA on 9/23/04 6:15pm
Msg #8727

oops... email address

Reply by Chica - CA on 9/23/04 6:16pm
Msg #8729

I must be nervous!!!!

Email: [e-mail address]

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/23/04 6:40pm
Msg #8732

Sandra - If this is an eDoc signing, you might want to try to line up kinko's to do your eDoc printing until you get your cable. I have never tried downloading with dial-up, but it might not work. This could really be a tough situation for your first signing. It would be better to go pick them up at a print shop if at all possible util you get your cable installed.

Reply by Chica - CA on 9/23/04 6:54pm
Msg #8734

Brenda - TX

Thank you for your prompt reply, I really appreciate it. The cable man is suppose to be at my house between 8-12 a.m., my first doc appointment is suppose to between 10-12 am, do you think it will be acceptable to wait for the cable guy (hopefully he/she will come early) and possibly be late to my signing (after 12:00 pm) same day?

Thanks

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/23/04 9:15pm
Msg #8750

My policy is to be at a loan signing appointment five minutes ahead of the time WHEN at all possible given circumstances out of my control (such as the docs arriving) do not thwart that arrival time. If one appointment is running late because of eDocs, I cancel it if it will tamper with the rest of my appointment times. If I have no other appointments that it will wreak havoc on, I will wait.

To me, an appointment time is sacred and something I do not change, no matter what. I do not juggle my times around for the sake of my own schedule. A set appointment is a set appointment. If you work this out with your hiring entity, that's one thing.

To change the time on your own, if there are not already express instructions that the time is flexible, would be the number one reason to never call you again in some companies' policies.

Some signing agencies will put in their instructions that you are never to ask a borrower to change a time. That's why I say, go first to the folks that hired you about this issue.

Call the cable company first to see if you can schedule them to be at your place early. My cable company does try to work with me. However, do not depend on that to be the answer. Have a back up plan in place--even if you get the cable access installed, that's no guarantee some other flukey thing will not come up the first day you have it.

Reply by HisHughness on 9/23/04 7:51pm
Msg #8745

I have tried downloading with dial-up. The operative verb is "tried." My advice is to find out what format the documents are in and have them sent to Kinkos. If they're not in a common format, be sure you can tell Kinkos where to download the viewer. Have Kinkos make both sets of copies. It's simple. However, Kinkos does demand a work order, so you'd better call your Kinkos and get their directions.

Don't attempt to download off dialup for your first signing.

Reply by Chica - CA on 9/23/04 10:53pm
Msg #8766

Thank you, Brenda - TX and HisHughNess

I understand and will take your advice.

Sandra

Reply by Jon on 9/24/04 12:10am
Msg #8776

I guess I'm the odd man out. I have never had a problem downloading with dial-up. I know that cable or DSL would definately be faster, but I have never timed out or anything like that. Just want to give the other side.

Reply by Chica - CA on 9/24/04 12:21pm
Msg #8811

Cable man came early: I have Cable

Thank you everyone

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/24/04 12:39pm
Msg #8813

Jon, The only good dial-up I have ever used was in a town of 3500 where the phone company was locally owned and put in digital friendly fiber optics (?) lines in 1994. My mother stills lives there and I dial-up from my notebook when I am visiting here there through a free NetZero account. It connects at top speed and is almost as fast as my cable is here. Your point is well taken.

IF the dial-up where I live now was as good, I'd be dialing up to this day. I am lucky to get a dial up out of my current location at 14.4.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.