Two pleas for help
Notary Discussion History

Two pleas for help
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 9/19/04 1:19am
Msg #8349

Two pleas for help

Two questions:

1. Does anybody have a good site or two to downloan some classy web gems (I think they may be called gifs, but I'm not sure); and

2. My hands-free cell phone set cratered a couple of months ago. I really liked it, and cannot find a similar one. I've tried one of those gadgets that clip on to the earpiece and broadcast through the radio, but it is quite unsatisfactory. Does anybody have a recommendation on a good hands-free set that does NOT require an earphone? If you do, and if you're under 50, I'll adopt you and remember you in my will. I'm getting really desperate.

Reply by Brenda J Khan on 9/19/04 10:10am
Msg #8356

Hugh if you have some extra time you can check out my website www.savemoneysite.com and look in the electronics page. I think Hello Direct or Sharper Image might have something you are looking for. I'm under 50 but No need for adoption! Best of Luck! BK-FL

Reply by HisHughness on 9/19/04 1:11pm
Msg #8369

Brenda...
I wasn't able to pull up the site www.savemoneysite.com. I get the Sharper Image catalog, and have never seen a hands-free set advertised there. I'm going to try your other suggestion, Hello Direct, whatever that is. Thanx.

Reply by Brenda J Khan on 9/19/04 1:37pm
Msg #8372

My fault I was wrong it's www.savemoneysite.net I am just so use to using the .com to find websites. Sorry! I searched on eBay my other favorite place to browse and found an item I think you would be amused to see or use, look at item #5720535868 , the Lips Speaker for Cell Phones! Enjoy! BK-FL

Reply by patricia on 9/19/04 10:11am
Msg #8357

I think www.shopnbc.com has a good jewelery web site

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/19/04 1:30pm
Msg #8370

Hugh asked: "Does anybody have a recommendation on a good hands-free set that does NOT require an earphone?"

I don't know what kind of phone you have, but this is my second Motorola and second vehicle with a hands free cradle that my husband has hooked up for me for hands free driving. The cradle sets in my console with separate speaker and a microphone that clips somewhere near the windshield and makes it a car phone with its own outside car antenna. It doesn't go through the radio although it can be wired that way. It has a booster which, in my case, is great in the mountains. It also charges the phone off the car battery while in the vehicle and I simply pull it out and turn it back into a cell phone when I leave the car. I just asked my husband and he said that he is sure that this can be done with most phones.

Reply by HisHughness on 9/19/04 1:51pm
Msg #8374

That essentially was what I had that cratered on me; it plugged into the cigarette lighter, which recharged the phone, too. I found the website for the manufacturer, which never responded to an e-mail.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/20/04 8:04am
Msg #8416

Neither of mine have plugged into the cigarette lighter. It's a permanent holder (the same as car phone holders that stay in the vehicle, but I can take mine with me) that is wired through the underside and into the dash and under the seat which you can't see (i.e., the wiring you can't see).

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 9/19/04 5:14pm
Msg #8381

Try Radio Shack or the mobile phone store for your brand of phone
I personally use a headset. Seems to sound better from both ends.
My son had some fancy doodad installed at a mobile electronics store. Also included a wired antenna for the phone. He loves it. Of course, he has something that i don't have, a rich father.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/20/04 8:06am
Msg #8418

Bob-Chicago said "My son had some fancy doodad installed at a mobile electronics store. Also included a wired antenna for the phone. He loves it."

This sounds like the setup I have. If you know about electronics and wiring, you can install it yourself.

Reply by Jon on 9/19/04 9:19pm
Msg #8401

Hugh begged:

" My hands-free cell phone set cratered a couple of months ago. I really liked it, and cannot find a similar one. I've tried one of those gadgets that clip on to the earpiece and broadcast through the radio, but it is quite unsatisfactory. Does anybody have a recommendation on a good hands-free set that does NOT require an earphone? If you do, and if you're under 50, I'll adopt you and remember you in my will. I'm getting really desperate."

The Nokia 6200, 6800, and I believe the 6820 have a built in speaker phone that works with or without a headset. I have personally used the 6200, and currently have a 6800.

What do I get in the will??

Reply by HisHughness on 9/19/04 11:28pm
Msg #8412

I don't want to buy a new phone, Jon, until I change services, which I plan to do. Mine was top of the line three years ago, it still works fine, and since I haven't had the opportunity to use anything newer, it's still top of the line with me. I'm waiting to change services until one of the major providers does away with those stupid required minimum-time contracts. When that happens, I'll leave Sprint like a drunk leaves a temperance meeting. And, at that time, I'll get a phone for which I don't need a hands-free set.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.