Notary Rotary
Where is Dennis?
Notary Discussion History

Where is Dennis?
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by mimi_NJ on 9/13/04 4:09pm
Msg #7850

Where is Dennis?

When I first started using this site (March or April) I remember some heated emails back and forth with a "Dennis". It seemed Dennis didn't like the anonymous postings. What happened to Dennis?

Reply by HisHughness on 9/13/04 5:25pm
Msg #7857

Dennis got fed up with rational responses to his more volatile remarks. He enrolled in an anger management program, but left it after discovering that it was supposed to help him manage >>his<< anger, not manage everybody else's. He joined a 12-step program, but quit that after learning that most Missourians can't count to 12. He finally found happiness by embarking upon Zen Buddhism's Eight-fold Path of Enlightment. Dennis is now on the third step, the one in which the supplicant strives to emulate the actual physical appearance of Buddha, and has gained 182 pounds (a bill has been submitted to the state legislature to designate Dennis's tummy a state landmark). We all miss him terribly, but wish him well in his new serenity. We are also all anxiously awaiting his ultimate discovery that all Eighth Step Zen Buddhists, because of their total enlightenment, become liberal Democrats.

Reply by Curious George on 9/13/04 6:40pm
Msg #7859

Hugh,

I will do my best to make sure I never get on your bad side.........LOL

Have a nice night! = )

~Anthony
Oregon

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/13/04 6:43pm
Msg #7860

And here I thought that the weight of his self righteousness just caused him to implode. Color me embarrassed!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/13/04 7:12pm
Msg #7862

Actually Dennis has more sense than to engage in some of the discussions on the message boards. He is actually busy with both of his businesses.

I have a lot of respect for Dennis and cannot sit idly by while you diss him like you do.
I often wish I could do what Dennis does and ignore the message boards, however I would hate to miss being able to help someone who needs it.

Dennis is, and will always remain A1 in my book! Pity that some of the participants on the boards aren't more like him!

Reply by HisHughness on 9/13/04 8:16pm
Msg #7865

Sylvia, there is no dissing Dennis. I think he would appreciate more than anyone some gentle fun at his expense, and would give back better than he got. If you don't think that is the case, why don't you e-mail him this thread and ascertain his reaction? I certainly don't want to be viewed as kicking someone when his back is turned.

Reply by LO-MO on 9/13/04 9:23pm
Msg #7871

Hey wait a minute! There may be more than 1 Missourian reading this board to learn something besides how to count past 12! Shame on you!

Reply by HisHughness on 9/13/04 9:38pm
Msg #7873

I'm sorry, LO-MO. I realize that some Missourians still have a full complement of fingers and toes, and can count all the way up to 20. In fact, I understand that some Missourians who live in the vicinity of the Callaway Nuclear Power Plant can count all the way to 23.

About the only ones more handicapped than a Missourian in the digital abacus department are Texas Aggies, who wear those sharp sabers strapped to their belts and dangling all the way down to their ankles. After a Longhorn-Aggie game, you can pick up still-warm toes like pecans in a riverbottom.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/14/04 9:09am
Msg #7889

Hugh! Did I just hear you say:

"About the only ones more handicapped than a Missourian in the digital abacus department are Texas Aggies, who wear those sharp sabers strapped to their belts and dangling all the way down to their ankles. After a Longhorn-Aggie game, you can pick up still-warm toes like pecans in a riverbottom." ?

Don't get me started.

Aggies only need two toes anyhow. Give us two digits, and in our spare time, we'll limp up to our keyboards and create computer programs that will keep the rest of the world running smoothly.

And, always remember this truism: "What do you call a two-toed Aggie? -- 'Boss.' "

The only problem with being a two-toed Aggie is enjoying a pair of flip-flops in our leisure time. Well, that and the problems it causes when asking for a pedicure at one of the local nail salons.

Reply by Sylvia-FL on 9/14/04 9:31am
Msg #7890

I did e-mail Dennis, and he came here and checked the thread out, and thanked me for my post.
He has no intention of returning to the message boards, as he says life is too short to get involved in the vitriol. He is concentrating on his two businesses and doesn't need the anonymous rantings of the message boards.

As he is not participating on the message boards any more I think it only fair that he is not discussed on the board. I never did like discussing someone behind their back.

As I have repeatedly said I have a lot of respect for Dennis and I do not want to stand by idly when he is discussed on the boards. If you want to make fun at someone else's expense please do it at the expense of someone who will appreciate your brand of humour.

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/14/04 10:55am
Msg #7903

Since I am a fairly sensitive person myself I am hopeful someone will also let Dennis know about the message on 8/25/04 #6696 which will develop a more complete picture.

Reply by HisHughness on 9/14/04 1:03pm
Msg #7913

Sylvia, I will make sure that I never say anything even remotely amusing about you. If there is anyone else who wishes to opt out, please let me know and I will start a list.

Hope you gave Dennis a figurtive hug for me.

Reply by Jan Kohake on 9/14/04 1:54pm
Msg #7921

Hugh, Anyone who has read this board for the past couple of months, knows that you make fun of everyone, you certainly are not singleing out Dennis, and anyone who read some of Dennis' posts knows that he had control issues. He had the tendency to be condescending and unkind in many of his responses.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/14/04 2:31pm
Msg #7926

Jan Kohake said "Hugh, Anyone who has read this board for the past couple of months, knows that you make fun of everyone, you certainly are not singleing out Dennis"

Hugh is just an equal opportunity offender -- coming from, I'm sure, years of lawyer jokes. It is a necessity for lawyers and anyone who has worked with them for any number of years to develop tough skin. People assume my skin is from our dry climate -- it's from 20 plus years of putting up with attorneys.

Reply by Gracie/PA on 9/14/04 1:57pm
Msg #7922

Re: Hugh, this is not the forum to disparage Dennis. n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 9/14/04 2:22pm
Msg #7924

I don't think I would be much interested in participating in a forum where the purpose was to disparage anyone, Gracie, whether it be this one or any other. I'm a humorist, to some extent a professional one since I've been paid on occasion for my work. That tends to seep through in my postings. If anyone is so lacking in humor or so thin-skinned they take exception, just let me know and they'll get a pass. Dennis is a big boy; he can stand up for himself, as he did on any number of times on this list. If I say anything intended to be derogatory, I'll post it to him myself.

Reply by mimi_NJ on 9/14/04 3:42pm
Msg #7930

Gee, I'm almost sorry I asked. Hugh, your emails are funny and refreshing--keep em coming.

For those folks that are overly sensitive - lighten up.

Reply by lat on 9/14/04 5:22pm
Msg #7939

Hughness needs to get a life....

Reply by HisHughness on 9/14/04 5:57pm
Msg #7943

lat suggested:

***Hughness needs to get a life....***

There's more than this?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.