Notary Rotary
businesscard
Notary Discussion History

businesscard
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by ChuckSoCal on 9/28/04 6:27pm
Msg #9004

businesscard

I understand that it is possible to display your business card on your emails. Not as an attachment but as a "signature". Does anyone know how to do it?

Reply by Maria_NJ on 9/28/04 8:11pm
Msg #9012

Hi Chuck,

Check your "Email settings". Depending on which ISP you use, there will probably be information on how to insert graphics, pics etc. as signatures

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/28/04 9:08pm
Msg #9014

Off the top of my head, pretty much, so I might miss a step. Once you get started you'll see how to get the basics done.

In an art/graphics program create a "business card" in the format of a *.jpg and save it to your computer. (You could also scan one in.)

Then, go into Outlook, Select TOOLS, OPTIONs, MAIL FORMAT TAB.

Next, Signature Button, Advanced Edit Button, Yes and it will take you to an .htm editor where you should then insert your jpg which you made above...Then, make sure you have that signature chosen to be used with new emails.

Reply by DontDoIt on 9/30/04 6:59pm
Msg #9112

Makes it easier for your identity to be ripped off. Don't do it.

Reply by HisHughness on 9/30/04 7:40pm
Msg #9114

While the wheels of business would not necessarily screech to a halt if businesspersons stopped using business cards because of fears of identity theft, they certainly would begin to grind much more slowly and far less fine.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/1/04 5:01pm
Msg #9177

DontDoIt warned "Makes it easier for your identity to be ripped off. Don't do it."

I suppose if you listed your SS# and bank account number which would make it easier for your checks to be direct deposited, there might be a concern, and of course, you always want to list your birthdate -- don't want to miss receiving a gift, and your driver's license number -- I can't think why that would be good to add to a biz card, but I'm sure it would be helpful in some way.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.