Notary Rotary
first signing
Notary Discussion History

first signing
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by Jan_OK on 9/22/04 7:17pm
Msg #8652

first signing

Hello everyone, well I conducted my first signing last night. It was a refinance with WellsFargo, the package was rather small from what I have been told and easy to go thru.
I was so nervous, in my area there are very few signing agents and I haven't been able to train with anyone. I don't know how many times I went over it looking for any errors and blanks when I finished. One thing I did mess up on was on one acknowledgement where I filled in the borrowers name, I left out the middle name. The SS said rather than draw a line through the incorrect one I should attach another acknowledgement with the correct name on it.
I called the title company and talked with the lady that first called me and told her it was my first signing and to please go over it thoroughly and if there are any problems please call me.
She sounded very happy to talk with me and she appreciated my work. She said the additional ack. with the correct name on it was the right way to handle it. It reassured me, because the SS seemed a little aloof.
How would you all have handled the correction to the name?
Thank you all for listening and your advice to a beginner.

Reply by CarolynCO on 9/22/04 7:56pm
Msg #8653

Jan,
You could have removed the borrowers copy from their package and used it leaving them the one with the missing middle name.

Reply by l/ca on 9/23/04 9:58am
Msg #8666

Re: first signing/question

When putting their name on it , Would you print their name as it on the doc's most of the time it with John J Joe , that how I write it just like they have been sigining it . am I right ?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.